The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I go by Bigt, I have not been active on forums or sites similar.
I have a question on gun stores and the help that you can receive from them?
I noticed I like the smaller local gun shops - for one I feel I can get a deal, two - I like being able to talk to a certified gunsmith. Why? Because salesmen don't always know the answer
and they will tell you anything to make their commission - not all but most.
This is true, especially big stores like Scheels, Cabelas, Bass pro, Dicks, etc... Big box stores suck if you aren't into research and facts, mainly because they can tell you anything.
So that brings us to local stores, Usually you can get a deal - less overhead and expenses, and honestly they need a sale.. does anyone else notice this? Am I wrong on this subject?

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania!
P1050370.JPG

·
Banned
1,909 Posts
I am a big supporter of indy shops as well. I too find it easier to deal with small shops as often as not, you are dealing with the owner or another qualified person.

Welcome to TFF from the....
image001.jpg

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I noticed I like the smaller local gun shops - for one I feel I can get a deal, two - I like being able to talk to a certified gunsmith. Why? Because salesmen don't always know the answer
This is true, especially big stores like Scheels, Cabelas, Bass pro, Dicks, etc... Big box stores suck if you aren't into research and facts, mainly because they can tell you anything.
So that brings us to local stores, Usually you can get a deal - less overhead and expenses, and honestly they need a sale.. does anyone else notice this? Am I wrong on this subject?
Hello BigTK and welcome to TFF from San Antonio, Texas. Totally agree with your observation of local "mom & pop" stores in your local area and also your conclusions about big box stores. And one of the most important reasons to buy locally is based on the old axiom that says, "support your local business". Indeed they need the sale.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,281 Posts
Welcome from Iowa...

Yep, I also like to support the little guys, and they are, many times, much better on price.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
40BCA960-DE84-44A9-AECF-B2970899FB6A.jpeg

Welcome to TFF BigT.

I try to do business with the LGSs around here but they have also changed a bit. Two of them only hire youngsters that try to make you think they know it all but in reality they know very little.

Another one has seasoned employees but they look down their noses at you if you don’t buy a $1100.00 gun.

On my last purchase I ended up at Sportsman’s Warehouse because they had a great deal and they hire friendly knowledgeable folks, at least around here.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
I Still Remember my first time and i am not talking about TFF

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.