My Heritage revolver

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by tom coffey, Jul 30, 2020.

1. tom coffey

tom coffey Member

My mag cylinder finally came today. I hope to try it out tomorrow.

BlackEagle and shootbrownelk like this.
  2. deingy

deingy Well-Known Member

As we live on the often disputed high area between the hunting grounds of the Miami and Shawnee tribes, I bought my wife the 5" with leather and both cylinders. She did her usual shrug and never used them thus making them mine. Shoots fine. She'll regret that if the Treaty of Fort Greenville don't hold.

BlackEagle likes this.

3. WillieB

WillieB Well-Known Member

A fixed sight, single action revolver is a fixed sight, single action revolver. With most of them, you have to learn a little “Kentucky Windage” unless you’re competent enough to bend and file the front sight so its point of impact matches your point of aim. Personally, I’ve never messed with the sights on any of my revolvers. I learned where they hit compared to where I was aiming and adjusted my aim accordingly.

4. tom coffey

tom coffey Member

I'm just glad mine shoots where I aim it without any "Kentucky Windage" or holding low/high. It's nice to be able to point and shoot without having to remember how to compensate for not-quite-right sights. I'm pleased with the gun.:)

Bigdog57 likes this.
  5. WillieB

WillieB Well-Known Member

Once you learn a gun’s quirks, it’s really not too hard to remember. I have an old JP Sauer & Sohn .22lr revolver that most people can’t hit the broad side of a barn with. I can do headshots at 15 yards all day with it.

BlackEagle and rawright54 like this.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They are outlawed in Illinois due to the zink metal. I was in Cabela's a few years ago and they had a big sale on them. I told the counter guy that I heard they were illegal to sell in Illinois. He went back and called corporate, came back 10 minutes later and pulled them all from the shelf.