My latest babies

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 20, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/13/03 9:03:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    My latest babies
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As some of you know I collect rifles - sometimes to the detriment of my bank account big time.

A few weeks ago I came home with a beautiful Turk mauser (the full size one) with a striped stock. Then I picked up a 91/30? with a striped stock at Big 5 here in town. And today I got a cute little Chilean mauser in 7mm Model 1895. Gorgeous blueing, all matching but it has been sporterized - has a real pretty stainless steel bent bolt and a gorgeous stock. Best of all he said that the package should have some gravy when he sent it to me so he included the original scope and mounts that went with it when he bought it. So I now have a nice old El Paso Weaver scope in 8x to mount on the rifle (and a gun case to boot).

Oh did I mention I got a Enfield 2A1 in .308 as well? And one of those Parker Hale peep sights for my No 4 Mark I?

Oops, I also have on layaway a nice VZ-24 with the crest intact (the stock is for shit - but I've got 3 nice stocks here at home to fix it up).

When things settle down I'll take photos for you all (lololol).

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/14/03 7:19:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My latest babies
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tlynn you are an addict and need help.

Get a C&R for your first treatment

Edited by: warpig883 at: 3/14/03 9:30:49 am

mckheean
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/14/03 8:24:52 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Nice
    T, it looks like you have the bug as bad as me,the doctor said there was no cure except buy more.I just ordered a Rem03 C Stock,M1 Garand (Winchester) and a Model 1917 from CMP.This is my first order with them and I thought I may as well order a bunch with all the paper work you have to send them. Post some pictures of your recent purchase. Benny in NC

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/14/03 10:30:09 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Nice
    T good for you! Hey they don't eat unless you want to feed them. My kind of kids.
    cointoss2

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/14/03 5:40:18 pm)
    Sounds like you got some good ones, T.

I am waiting on delivery of my No.5 Mk. I Jungle Carbine, Romanian SKS, and Bulgarian Makarov. Not to mention the Albanian SKS that I haven't even cleaned up yet.

*sigh* It's a disease, I guess.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/14/03 9:23:34 pm)
    Gee, I sure wouldn't waste money on them ol' military rifles (chuckle, chuckle)

Currently waiting on:

5 Mosin Nagant M38s
    5 Mosin Nagant M91/30s
    10 Mosin Nagant M44s (Russian)
    1 Spanish 7mm Mauser
    4 Spanish Ruby type pistols

also just got in 5 Spanish Destroyer carbines that are going to take some work - they all have pieces missing from the bolts (extractor and collar ring) plus a few other minor problems.

Nah, I don't need them old military guns ----

(hee, hee, hee - they're coming to take me away, hee, hee, hee. hee)

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/14/03 10:53:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Nice
    Well Bob - wish I had that kind of money to spend but I'll settle for one at a time - though I am waiting to hear a report about what you've got coming in.

Especially the 7mm

Enjoy!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/15/03 7:30:32 am)
    Oh yeah, I forgot - I just recently got 5 mummy-wrapped Russian M44s from Cole's Distributing.

mckheean
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/17/03 8:07:49 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del CMP purchase
    My credit card was hit on3/14/03 for my CMP order.I should have the three rifle's this week that was posted.I will post some pictures in the grease before I clean them up if anyone would like to see what I received. Benny in NC

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/17/03 8:13:12 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: CMP purchase
    Well heck yes mckeen - of course we want to see pictures! I'm trying to hunt up my cord for my digital camera but so far no luck. Think I might have to go borrow back my other digital camera for the picture taking (at least I know where the cord for that one is).

mckheean
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/17/03 1:19:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: CMP purchase
    TallTLynn you need to do what I did,buy a 26.00 card reader and all you have to do is remove the memory card and put in the reader,works great. Benny in NC

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/17/03 8:41:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: CMP purchase
    I have a card reader - for the camera I lent out. This camera uses a different size memory - won't work with the one I do have.

Oh well...