My legal responsibility?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnfausch, Apr 19, 2009.

1. johnfausch

johnfausch New Member

When I sell my guns :((not all of them, but most:() do I have any legal responsibilities? Or is it like selling an item on ebay? Any tips?
    Thanks,

johnfausch

2. 358 winchester

358 winchester New Member

are face to face sale allowed in Tennessee?

3. johnfausch

johnfausch New Member

I dunno!! I'm not suppose to sell to someone "intoxicated" but I can't find a place in TN Govm't laws on line to tell me what I can or cannot do. Maybe we have some legal types in our forum to tell me where to look.:confused:

4. cec

cec New Member

Your best bet is to read up on the laws in TN.

Usually I find it best to use a dealer for the transfer. If selling out of state, have the firearm shipped from dealer to dealer to do the transfer. May cost a bit more, yet there is no question that owner ship was transferred legally.

5. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

As stated earlier, you must check out the laws for your area. Easiest way without having to do all kinds of hunting around, is to locate an FFL and do all transactions through that person. Even a face to face could be illegal if you do not follow the law.

6. johnfausch

johnfausch New Member

Thanks for the advise. I am relieved to know that I shouldn't sell except through a dealer. I have an FFL dealer fairly close to me, and I will take the guns to him. He can probably even tell me what they are worth.
    As a foot note, I got laid off in Dec. and I was making it ok. Then my truck motor 'blew up' so I must give up some of my beloved treasures. I don't know much about guns, except I love to shoot. The first gun I ever shot was an M-16 in basic training. I got my first medal on that range...shot expert, and I've been hooked ever since.:)

I look back on my AF career and almost wish I would have been a mechanic insted of a loadmaster. Just kidding...I had the best job in the world.

Thanks again for the good advise - and links.

johnfausch
    SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)