The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in on my LGS today. First time in over a month.

Ammo shelves maybe 40%.
New firearm inventory fair.
Used firearm inventory low.

Prices outstanding compared to last year. He refuses to gouge people. He said he has a 12 1/2% markup on new firearms.

·
Administrator
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is also a pawn shop. He has a vault where he keeps the pawned firearms. It was almost empty, which is usually overflowing. He said with the gubermint stimulus and unemployment bonus, very few people are pawning stuff.

Before yall blast him for being in the pawn business, he usually gives 2/3 book value on pawns or buys.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
My LGS is a pawn shop also. The owner is very religious and doesn't want to gouge anybody. His ammo stocks are usually pretty good. His used and new guns are extensive. I don't know how much he allows on pawns. He will ask how much you want and I usually only get 100 or 125. The more you get the harder it is to pay it out. He's fair on stuff he buys. I have sold him one and I got about 100 less than I could have gotten from an individual but it would have taken a while to sell.

·
Premium Member
14,025 Posts
My LGS is also a pawn shop and Hawg described him.

I posted in another thread that today our Academy had some ammo. No loading supplies but they did have a bit of loading equipment, which they didn't have a week ago or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts