The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I had a bad experience a week ago with the top end of my Mamba breaking. A small piece in front of the mainspring housing broke off. The gun would no longer fire which was probably a good thing at that point and the top end would no longer close onto the receiver.

Volquartsen told me to send it back. This on Dec 23rd and I figured even with overnight there would be a problem with delivery. UPS surprised me and everything went smoothly.

Today, Jan 4 I received my gun back from Volquartsen with a new LLV upper and new compensator. Great service from Ryan and all the people at Volquartsen.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I have looked at the Volquartsen models several times but never could justify the price on them. I do have some Tandemkross mods I want to do to my Mark IV Target someday but nothing cost wise compared to the Volquartsen guns.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shot it today: 400 rounds of Federal 36 grain hollow points. No failures and surprisingly accurate out to 25 yards...that's the farthest target at our indoor range.

Off hand on a Shoot & See 6 inch target I kept all rounds inside the center ring. Not bad for me. I just look for minute of plate on Steel Challenge targets and not MOA.

This pistol shoots very well. I'm glad I opted for Volquartsen to put a new barrel on the upper. They said it would benefit since mine was so dirty and worn out... Only 75 thousand rounds out of it, mostly CCI Blazer. I've been remiss at cleaning the barrel although I do clean the frame after every session. Now I know enough to take a brush and patches to the barrel to extend it's life.

I now have a C-More 12 MOA Railway Dot on it but here it is with my Vortex Venom.

Here's the other side. It's an older pic with a Vortex Venom on it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is a good looking pistol. I like most products from Volquartsen, but do have a gripe about their triggers for the Ruger MKIII. It has a bit of a give before breaking where it seems almost like a three stage trigger. For the price they charge for those I expect a better and cleaner break. So I futzed with it a bit and now it seems to be a bit better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts