The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this a week ago today!

Love it. STILL have not had a chance to fire it. I've been carrying it concealed since Thursday (actually could not find ammo for it until I got back home) 9mm is scarce.

Feels MUCH better than the Sig P226 I traded it for. More of a natural pointer. Less bulky on the top. More balance.

I still like the 1911 better. I still think the military downgraded weapons. But I do understand why this gun won out (and not just because of cost) in the 1980s over the Sig 226. (not that the Sig 226 is a bad gun, it is accurate and nice)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,878 Posts
Good gun. I have one. Kind of big for ccw.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no bigger than a 1911. And perfect really for carrying in the small of your back if you don't want to wear a coat over it

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
real nice gun there, but I am somewhat biased.

any mods planned or keep it original?

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I like it. What worrys me is you say you have been carrying it concealed without firing it. I never carry a firearm before I fire at least 350 rounds thru it to make certain it functions flawlessly and I can trust my life to it. I would sure hate to get in a situation and pull a pistol I have never shot before.....but I agree, its no different than carrying a 1911 size wise....

·
Super Moderator
41,422 Posts
I have had a 92FS since the mid 80's and absolutely love the thing. I retired it to the safe a couple of months ago when I got its big brother, the Model 96, which resides right beside my bed.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gd,
why would do retire such a long used reliable weapon? The 9mm can be jacked up to .40S&W energy with a decent +P+ load (especially buffalo bore)and have 3-6 extra rounds in the magazines.

·
Super Moderator
41,422 Posts
Cause I like the 96 just a good as the 92 and it's not like I will never shoot it again. Besides, if I can't hit what I'm shooting at with the 12 round in the 96 then the other 3 to 6 ain't going to do me a bit of good.,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts