The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43,381 Posts
I am sure you will love it. I kinda like the plain grips on it.

·
Administrator
13,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do look good, but will probably be a handle when they get sweaty.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice looking pistol! I got the same one but mine didn't come so heavily covered in grease.

Reactions: tuckerd1

·
Garandaholic
9,607 Posts
I recently got the RIA government model. It's got the exact same grips. Rest of the gun looks close, but mine has some crappy sights. Yours looks to be a target type sight? Can't really tell from the pic, but they look pretty good.

·
Administrator
13,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently got the RIA government model. It's got the exact same grips. Rest of the gun looks close, but mine has some crappy sights. Yours looks to be a target type sight? Can't really tell from the pic, but they look pretty good.
It is non-adjustable combat sight.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
Everything for 1911 fits the RIA so.. bad sights? Change them with those for any 1911.

Several years back I bought an RIA to get the frame for my Marvel 22LRConversion Unit No. 1. I replaced all the innards with match grade after market parts to make the trigger pull as good as it can be. They all fit perfectly except the safety which had to be fitted. As a project I fitted the 45ACP upper with a full length rib, a Clarks Group Gripper and fitted a match bushing to the original barrel. The result looks like a 1950's bullseye gun.

The frame works perfect for the Marvel and the 45ACP upper is very accurate. The sights on the rib are vintage style adjustable and make a very nice sight picture.

As a side note, I had to do it this way because California law as interpreted by the then Attorney General and the CA DOJ would not allow me to buy just a frame for a pistol. The frame alone is not on the CA Rooster of Handguns, only complete tested guns. But I got what I wanted and an extra accurate 45ACP 1911 in the process. I'm happy! The RIA is a good gun. My son-in-law bought one and uses it right out of the box with no modification and loves it.

LDBennett

·
Administrator
32,812 Posts
Nice 1911. Novak style no snag rear sight, combat style hammer and ambi safety.
I like it and so will you. Give it a good cleaning and give us a range report.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Just picked it up today. It is going to take a very heavy cleaning.QUOTE]
What holsters did you end up with? I have one (RIA M1911-A1 FS 45acp) on lay away but keep bouncing about on holster choice. My car has bucket seats which makes the holster choice problematic.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I shot one a couple of months ago.I liked the quality of it just fine.I was going to get a tactical one in 9mm but bought to many other guns and backed off the purchase.Enjoy your new toy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts