The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will be a folder strictly for self defense. I've been looking and found one made by CRKT, the Hissatsu Folder - Designed by James Williams. It was designed based on an old Samurai fixed blade. It's made for slashing and sticking.

http://www.crkt.com/HissatsuFolder

Very workable if you might need such a thing say in a crowded place where gun fire would be anti productive and you are up close and personal.

Amazon has them about $40

G

·
I love assisted open knives. I myself don't care for the blade shape but that is me I am a drop point guy. It has good steel in the blade and will hold a good edge.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I love assisted open knives. I myself don't care for the blade shape but that is me I am a drop point guy. It has good steel in the blade and will hold a good edge.
I like drop points too. Not much real world use for a blade like that one.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered it today and hope to see it in about five days.

I also like drop points and my curent carry knife is a drop point. They are great for work.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Yes assisted and lock blade. I a lot of various sized knives but plenty of smaller ones in my desk, great letter and package openers plus others...some nasty little buggers. :D

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
still building my knife collection.
Well knives are a lot cheaper than guns plus you might find some gems at yard sales, etc.

I bought sets years ago to get good prices and gave some away as gifts.

·
Super Moderator
41,402 Posts
I quit buying guns for a while back in the mid 80's and started buying knives. When it finally hit me that I was spending more on some knives than I did on guns, I quit that and went back to buying guns.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Will be a folder strictly for self defense. I've been looking and found one made by CRKT, the Hissatsu Folder - Designed by James Williams. It was designed based on an old Samurai fixed blade. It's made for slashing and sticking.

http://www.crkt.com/HissatsuFolder

Very workable if you might need such a thing say in a crowded place where gun fire would be anti productive and you are up close and personal.

Amazon has them about $40
That is a good price on that. I wen't and checked all the one's I normally order from for you and Amazon is about the cheapest price. CRKT makes some good stuff I have one of those big M16 flippers with the L.A.W.S lock and love it. The thing I like best about it is I can knock out a quick edge on it as well when it gets dull.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts