MY Personal and Political Philosophy (On trucks):

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 9:22:27 am)
    MY Personal and Political Philosophy (On trucks):
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know this is a "general" forum where we can post about "any topic," but have you taken a look at the recent topic list as a whole lately? We might as well call it the "Personal Politics and Philosophy" forum or something.

It's great if you want to spend your time on a firearms board doing that. I, however, began coming here to talk to fellow "firearms enthusiasts" (gun nuts) about one of my favorite topics...you guessed it, firearms! I wanted to escape the rest of the stuff that I spend enought ime talking about with folks at work and such who could care less about guns.

So personally, politically and philosophically I want to talk about guns more...you guys go ahead with your meaningful discussions.

I got a new FN Mauser this week. It is very cool.

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*

Edited by: boomatic at: 1/17/03 9:58:19 am

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/15/03 9:48:56 am)
    Re: MY Personal and Political Philosophy:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree with that boomatic. The whole political arguement thing is getting old. The problem with kicking a dead horse is it starts to stink and some of it stays on the person doing the kicking.

Where did you get that FN Mauser???????
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss. Edited by: warpig883 at: 1/15/03 10:50:55 am

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/15/03 10:15:21 am)
    Reply Re: MY Personal and Political Philosophy:
    I agree guys. Getting very deep around here in GD. But, GD is as it says, general discussion.

Did y'all notice though, there are 17 gun related forums on TFF. What we need is for more folks to hit the gun related forums on TFF and spend less time in GD.

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/15/03 10:43:47 am)
    Boomer right on! I'll drink to dat.
    cointoss2

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 10:47:05 am)
    Boomatic
    Do you have Big 5 Sporting goods back there in the mid west,? I know they sell surplus military arms mostly under $100 anyway I'm heading for the city today for the AG show. I think I'll stop in and check em out.
    firearms firearms firearms firearms firearms firearms firearms

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/15/03 11:08:02 am)
    firearms firearms firearms firearms firearms firearms firearms

I like to talk politics and philosophy to an extent. But to try and change anyones mind or fight over it... I don't think so!

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 11:40:52 am)
    I could be wrong, but why do i have the feeling
    you are pointing the finger at me ?
    Tuckerd1 seems to have a point.
    But deep down i have a feeling you kind
    of like listening thru walls with a drinking glass.

www.gcnlive.com
    www.infowars.com

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/15/03 12:26:01 pm)
    OK

Political Philosophy SUCKS

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 12:27:10 pm)
    Hey Piggy!

I got the Mauser from an old gent who gets nicer ones, and then "spiffs them up" as a hobby. It is a real oddball in a sense. Quite gorgeous, tough. It is a 7mm.

But hey, I only paid $60 for it. I shot 3" groups at 50yds with iron sights first time out. I'm happy!

Boom-a-tic

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 12:32:19 pm)
    Oops...
    ...forgot to answer the other questions...
    No Big 5...

forearms, firearms, firearms...

Shizamus...if the finger fits...

Rick...

'sides, I ain't got no brain, so how can I have any fee-los-o-fee or politickin' opinin'...

Boom-a-tic

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 12:45:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit Firearms
    firearms firearms firearms firearms

I received 5 new guns last week. 2 more Turk Mausers, another Yugo SKS, another Russian M44, and a Swiss K-31. This week I'm expecting my German Nazi proof-marked K98 to arrive.

Here's a pic of my new Yugo, since we're talking firearms here.... (hey it's the only one of the new bunch that I've had the chance to clean up)

Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 12:56:34 pm)
    Reply polo-tics & fool-osohpy
    PLEASE MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME, THIS SITE IS DEDICATED TO THE PRESERVATION OF THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION AND ALL WHO GAVE ALL TO SEE IT THROUGH FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE PRESENT, WE HOPE THAT YOU WILL ENJOY THIS SITE AND THAT IT WILL BE ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE PLACES TO BE, AND WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO FEEL THAT THIS IS JUST AS MUCH YOUR HOME AS IT IS OURS, SO FEEL FREE, POST, READ, AND USE THIS SITE, FOR WE AIM FOR FREEDOM!

This sight, as I understood it, has to with firearms (TFF)and the "preservation of the United States Constitution." It's impossible to engage in the later without engaging in politics and philosophy.

Keep up the good work shizamus.

Chuck

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/15/03 1:03:35 pm)
    Re: polo-tics & fool-osohpy
    That is a good buy boomatic.

1952sniper is buying way to many guns for his own good. he should get profesional help.
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 1:05:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: polo-tics & fool-osohpy
    If I need professional help, it's due to brain damage from the cosmoline fumes.

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/15/03 1:10:45 pm)
    Reply Re: polo-tics & fool-osohpy
    Shizamus, so what's your point??

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/15/03 1:28:56 pm)
    It would just be nice to take the political discussions down to "Fire For Effect" below.

Personally, I use the tried and true canine logic tree:

Sniff-sniff. Is it edible? If YES, eat it. If NO, progress to step 2.

Sniff-sniff. Can you mate with it? If YES, proceed with nature. If NO, urinate on it and move on.

rhinoman
    (1/15/03 1:41:02 pm)
    I have to ask: How do you talk about guns and not talk about politics? Your very right to own firearms is under constant attack. We must be vigilant. What will we be talking about in a few years? I used to own a nice Glock. The Les Baer I used to own was the best pistol I ever had. I remember when I used to shoot my Kimber at the range. Hey remember that company what was it? Wilsons, that was it. They used to make a great 1911. Wake up guys, we can't have the attitude "I just want to shoot my guns and mind my own business, all this politics stuff has nothing to do with me".
    We are like minded people who KNOW the second pertains to the individual right to keep and bear arms. If we take the defensive on the issue we will lose. The anti-gunners will gain ground little by little.
    I've been a member for a month or so of this forum. I haven't noticed ANYONE jumping in everywhere and changing everything to politics. It seems that when a question is guns-specific everyone respects that and sticks to the topic.
    Guns and freedom go hand in hand, that's the point of the second. If you don't like a topic just don't respond to it or even read it.
    Gun owners are a self-reliant, mind-my own-business kind of people. Unfortunately the anti-gunners are not. Politics are everywhere in everything and very prominent when guns are the topic! You cannot separate the two. The reason we have lost so many of our rights (not just gun rights) is silence/complicity. I have to say it's quite upsetting to here so many say there's too much politicking going on here. There's not enough! Not as long as we're loosing the battle.
    The fight for freedom is not fought overseas in distant lands with guns, missles and bombs. It is fought here with words, pen and paper and I fear, we are loosing it.

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 1:41:45 pm)
    Tuckerd1,,, What is my point ? eh , eh, I was
    agreeing with your previous post.

www.keepandbeararms.com
    www.gcnlive.com
    www.infowars.com

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 1:48:56 pm)
    Reply smell

So that's what I been smellin'

After failing the first two steps, be sure it's not a Jack Boot you be leakin' on

chuck

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/15/03 1:52:25 pm)
    Agreed - In today's world, firearms and politics are closely interelated. however, there is a specific forum here on the board for the discussion of such, labeled "Fire for Effect".

I think this is the proper place for these articles.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/15/03 1:53:12 pm)
    Reply Re: smell
    Rhinoman - all we are saying is to take the political discussions to the "Fire for Effect" forum down below! It's not like we are denying anybody the rights to holler or anything. We are just trying to sort out the topic headings.

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/15/03 2:02:59 pm)
    Shizamus, I understood that part. I was just wondering who the "But deep down i have a feeling you kind
    of like listening thru walls with a drinking glass." comment was meant for. I get confused easily.

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 2:30:55 pm)
    Tuckerd,,, I was refering to all the griping about where to speak. Even though they gripe they still visit with us and
    eavesdrop out of cat like curiousity, just trying to be on the
    lighter side of things. But then again even this griping could
    get heavy and political and philosofical on where one should
    go to vent.
    Let's bring in the jack booted thugs , i am sure they could tell us where, when, how and how often and how high on how to
    use these forums. humm.

www.infowars.com

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 2:50:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: smell
    Hmm, I didn't know the Fire For Effect forum was for political stuff. If so, then that's where I'll take it. I do enjoy political discussions, as long as it doesn't turn into a cyber fistfight. I thought FFE was just for venting, bitching, or general complaining.

To me, venting is different from a meaningful discussion of current events and politics. Perhaps the new TFF (coming soon to a theater near you) could have a forum specifically for politics and RKBA issues?

Just a thought.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 4:20:16 pm)
    Re: smell
    SpanishBob...you're a riot!!!

Gee Shiz. & rhino...sorry that my OPINIONS offended your sensibilities. rhino, your first post in this topic illustrates my point beautifully...thank you.

Chas. PPPPFFFFFFF, whacka, whacka, TOOT!!!!!

Shiz:
    RE:
    Quote:
    Even though they gripe they still visit with us and
    eavesdrop out of cat like curiousity, just trying to be on the
    lighter side of things.

Frankly, I have not bothered to read any of your posts that contained inflammatory titles since the first one. When I saw it contained a link to, and news from, Alex Jones' (crackpot) website. Couldn't take it seriously after that initial recognition. I certainly take exception to your intimation that I listen through walls with a drinking glass. I NEVER do that except when there is sex taking place on the other side!!!!

ANDas I said earlier it is my opinion so you may flame and argue until you are exhausted but my opinion is still just that...mine. I don't see that anything I said infringed upon your (anyone's) opinion. I was just saying I am tired of it and refuse to participate. Maybe I should just not hang out in the GD forum and that would solve it, eh? Naaaaa...

Cosmoline...it isn't just for breakfast anymore.!!!

Boom-a-tic

Edited by: boomatic at: 1/15/03 5:09:08 pm

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 5:05:06 pm)
    Reply wow
    Wow, boom...better watch the direction of the wind...your leg looks wet and ya done filled your drawers On top 'o that it sounds like ya beat the pi$$ outa yer best friend...

chuck

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/15/03 5:07:20 pm)

Quote:
    eh? Naaaaa...

hehehe Ata' Boy
    Boom-a-tic

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 1/15/03 5:08:16 pm

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/15/03 5:09:57 pm)
    Reply Re: oooohhhhhh that smell...
    How about that Rush Limbaugh...

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 5:10:41 pm)
    Chazzy

Quote:
    like ya beat the pi$$ outa yer best friend

???????????????????????????????

Boom-a-tic

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 5:11:30 pm)
    It's the breakfast of champions! I particularly like the taste of cosmoline from the Turk Mausers. It has a slightly crunchy texture.... usually a mixture of sand and dead bugs. And nothing gets you up in the morning like consuming a bowl of stuff that looks like ear wax!

On the political stuff, I like to throw my opinions out there, as you all know. But that's all they are: opinions. They are subject to change, if someone argues a better point than me and I like it.

I personally like the political discussions, as long as they don't dominate the board. A lot of the recent newcomers seem to get a little.... overzealous with it. And no, I ain't pointing fingers. I do agree that you really can't talk about firearms for very long without getting onto politics. So it's not a wise idea to try to ban political discussions. Let's just put them in their proper place. Sounds like FFE is where they need to go.

I guess we need to restore the General Discussion Forum for discussing Generals.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 5:15:14 pm)
    Re: smell
    Who said anyhting about BANNING?????

All I said was I didn't want ot spend all my time talking politics!!!!!

Ain't it funny how things get twisted around so quickly??? No wonder there is so much incorrect information out there!!!!!

Boom-a-tic

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 5:19:15 pm)
    Ok, substitute "discourage" for "ban".

Sheesh.......

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 5:33:00 pm)
    Reply nice try boom
    Of the thirty or so posts, only the first eight are actually about guns...the rest are about politics, philosophy and personal hygene. Ya just gotta love the free market.

Anyone have an opinion on optimum trigger pull on a 1911? 3lbs? 4lbs? more? personal preference? Are good adjustable triggers a good deal or do they need frequent re-adjustment?

chuck

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 5:54:05 pm)
    Re: nice try boom
    Chas...tooooooooche!

My professioanal philosophically political opinion is 3.75-4.25 lbs. depending on the primary function of the FIREARM. For carry...4-4.25 lbs.

Boom-a-tic

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 6:44:50 pm)
    Reply Re: nice try boom
    Maybe a politics forum should be added to the board. That way the people who want to talk politics can go there and the ones who cae not to hear about it can avoid the forum

blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 6:49:35 pm)
    Interesting thread...personal/political philosophy: escape from political discussion.

But with an explanation:

Quote:
    I have not bothered to read any of your posts that contained inflammatory titles since the first one. When I saw it contained a link to, and news from, Alex Jones' (crackpot) website.

Shoot & scoot? Translation: Please remove political viewpoints I disagree with, content wise. Sounds more like a complaint, than do the political posts mentioned. But its hard to tell with so little information, other than the (crackpot) ad hominem comment...

How about making a new forum dedicated to creative bathroom sound effects and imagery? Just an alternative suggestion, if we're thinking of streamlining the GD forum?

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 6:56:57 pm)
    Reply o-pine
    Boomer...

Those numbers sound pretty right wing to me

I would like to hear you o-pine on the adjustable trigger. And if'in you like 'em, which one would you suggest.

Chuck

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 7:07:26 pm)
    hammer4nc
    ...ouch...to the bone!

Quote:
    Please remove political viewpoints I disagree with, content wise.

Not sure how you arrived there...must have more precision thought processes in NC than us dumb okies!

And I agree...let's have a bathroom sounds forum so all of us non-politics-discussing (obviously unenlightened) dumba$$es can hang out there. I have a great idea...since you are obviously so perceptive, enlightened, etc...you could moderate it for us and let us know what we can and cannot like to read/discuss/tolerate.

My whole point was "ad hominem"!!!!! It was about me! It says "I want to"..."I came here"!

Can't believe I fell for this!!!

Oh yeah and TOOT!!

Res ipsa loquitur...

Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum* Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

Edited by: boomatic at: 1/15/03 7:19:23 pm

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 7:11:02 pm)
    BTW..did I mention I got a FN mauser??????

Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum* Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/15/03 7:40:36 pm)
    The idea of having a Politics Forum has been recently discussed by Admin and the Staff. Though we would like to add this forum, we simply can not at this time. One of the reasons that Tac has not been around much is due to his vigilant work making things better for us in the future. At the moment, he has no time to work-up this forum and bring it to life.

We appreciate the lively political talks, and hope to continue having them. We would like to politely direct these topics to the Fire For Effect forum for the time being.

We would like to keep the General Discussion forum open to topics that a wider populous would enjoy. Remember, not everyone likes to discuss Politics, Religion, or Unions(onions)(bad smell, and makes your eyes burn!).

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

Edited by: shooter22 at: 1/15/03 7:42:55 pm

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/15/03 7:42:36 pm)
    Re: Firearms
    Do you reload 1952sniper?

Reason I ask cause if you've got a K-31 you should - hard to find bullets for and pricey.

With that in mind if you do reload that is - send me a private message, got something for you for that K-31.

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 7:43:54 pm)
    Reply Post as you please.
    boom--

"A Place To Discuss Any Topics At All(within reason)Share Your Ideas, Opinions, Debate, Exchange Information, etc."

I always assumed the 'etc' was the gun part. Until they change the rules, anyone can post anything that follows the PC rules of the moderators and the decency rules of the owners. Starting to sound like GB over here: whine, snivel and pewl. Sheeeeeeeesh!! Ya gotta click the subject to read the damn thing, what part of click don't you understand..

Clouder...

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 8:00:18 pm)
    Reply Hey now!...
    Calm down there Sheeetpaper...BTW, Picked up a Win 94 in .45 caliber...like it! a lot!!!!...also the Knight MK-85 came in...never knew what the Timney trigger thing was all about...now I know!...nice!!!

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 8:17:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Hey now!...
    This thread is giving me a stomach ache.......

Miss T, I don't currently reload, but my father is getting ready to set up all the equipment for it at his hangar. He was just asking me the other day what calibers I shoot, so he can get the right sized dies and such and I can join in the fun. After looking at the price of 7.5 Swiss ammo, that one was on the top of my list.

Private message is on the way.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/15/03 8:33:33 pm)
    Re: Hey now!...
    E-mail back at ya 1952Sniper.

As for politics - I used to debate and all that but have learned over the years that it really isn't worth the energy most days.

Now I leave that for the firebrands - I'll just keep loading my guns!

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 8:52:54 pm)
    Re: Hey now!...
    cloud...

no whining, sniveling, and I don't know what pewling is, so perhaps I am guilty of it. I know what mewling is...not doing that.

Point is, all I said was I was tired of seeing nearly all the posts being of some obviously inflammatory and incendiary nature...I never said anyone should stop anything. I merely said "I" wasn't going to participate, but would rather talk about guns as a personal hobby and sport as opposed to some politically provocative idea.

I never implied anyone should prohibit anything.

Read a little closer...and stop assuming!

PS...I got clouder to post! Whoo Hoo!!!

Boom-a-tic

Edited by: boomatic at: 1/15/03 8:56:02 pm

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 12:06:26 am)
    Reply Re: Hey now!...
    boom:

1.) That is NOT what you said in the opening post.

2.) Go back and count your posts on this thread, then count those dedicated to guns. Methinks you have a little problem here with you posturing.

3.) Yup. I bit. Won't happen again.

Clouder..

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 12:11:33 am)
    Reply Hey Smokin'
    What ya gonna do with a M94 in .45, prop the hood on your Chevy up? I'm jealous. What did you have to pay for it?

I'll sell you a Mod 29 Sears .22. "This lil honey functions Great!", except the magazine is two inches short and won't feed the shells.

Shoot me a note at whiteclouder@onewest.net.

Clouder..

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 1:53:03 am)
    Re: Hey Smokin'
    As I sit back and peruse all this I just think: some of the political posts lately have been provocative and some just sort of seem to be sh*t stirrers..this one included, you pick the category
    "Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

JackRyann
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 2:14:01 am)
    Reply Re:Boom
    I'm with you Boomamatic.

I post a lot on some cut throat politics boards and I come here to relaxe not argue over the same bull I'm fed up with over there. Politics as it related to gun issues is one thing but if we are to accomplish anything as gun owners we need to stick together. That means sticking to the issure that brought us together.

Extending the discussions beyond the gun issue is only going to serve our enemy's purpose of divide and conquor as well promote hard feelings.

--44 mag, when you're ready to get serious--

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/16/03 7:24:01 am)
    Reply Re: Re:Boom
    Quote...'starting to sound like GB over here...'

True enough, most people here are from GB.

They be bringing there baggage with them, people never change...much...especially the older they get.

GG

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/16/03 7:26:45 am)
    Sniff, sniff ?? Don't smell edible.

Hhhhmmmm??

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 9:05:25 am)
    Re: Re:Boom
    It's cosomoline!!!!!!!

So...to some folks it is edible!!!!!!

Boom-a-tic

308bolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 9:42:17 am)
    GD is GD
    I'll ask you this: Why not relegate firearms discussion to the Technical questions forum?
    You can start a firearms discussion as easily in GD as a political one.
    NO one is stopping you and if it's popular it will remain on top.
    I guess what I'm asking is who is twisting your arm behind your back and forcing you
    to open and read discussions that you don't wish to?
    The motivation here is obvious, some political/personal opinion threads can get kinda
    nasty and when that happens we (myself included) get uncomfortable.
    My solution has been to unsubscribe from a thread when that becomes the case.
    They fade out pretty quick when they get to be a one on one argument.

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country?
    Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

-------------President William Jefferson Clinton 5/29/93-------------

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 9:46:29 am)
    Re: Re:Boom
    Against my better judgement...

My post said
    Quote:
    So personally, politically and philosophically I want to talk about guns more...you guys go ahead with your meaningful discussions.

No arm twisting...just stating.

I am just weary of folks who cannot read.

Boom-a-tic
    Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

308bolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 9:56:16 am)
    Gee Boomer,
    I thought that was the part I was responding to.
    Sorry if I got to meaningful for ya.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/16/03 10:10:26 am)
    it's all fun and games till someone gets and eye poked out

Quote:
    What ya gonna do with a M94 in .45, prop the hood on your Chevy up?

friends don't let friends drive Chevy's

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 10:18:21 am)
    Re: it's all fun and games till someone gets and eye poked o
    It's all fun and games when an eye gets poked out!!!!

Boom-a-tic

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/16/03 10:21:32 am)
    Reply Re: it's all fun and games till someone gets and eye poked o
    dang ol chevy haters - I use a M1916 Spanish Mauser to prop my hood up. That is, on the rare occasions I need to with my fine running Chevy truck, thank you very much, you ol' "Found On Roadside Dead" owner!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/16/03 10:44:46 am)
    Don't you be picking on our "Found on Road Dead" Fords Bob! At least they run as far as the road!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/16/03 11:02:54 am)
    First on Race Day

In all seriousness, I have been eyeballing a Chevy for my next truck. So far the Fords have been cheaper at the dealer though. I was quite surprised to see that GM is offering tailgate heaters on the 2004 trucks.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 11:47:19 am)
    I've had both, liked both.

Ford for working...chevy for comfort.

I DO NOT do Dodge!

Boom-a-tic

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/16/03 12:00:50 pm)
    FIX ON ROAD DAILY
    cointoss2

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 1:09:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: it's all fun and games till someone gets and eye poked o
    I have been looking at new trucks too. I like the specs on the new Chevys, but I absolutely cannot stand the styling of the trucks. I know, it's about more than looks. But IMHO they are UGLY. And I'm from a Chevy family.....

I don't much like the 1/2-ton Fords either. They look like automotive suppositories. I do, however, like the looks of the 3/4-ton and 1-ton Fords. I'll probably end up with an F-250.

Wife won't let me buy a Dodge.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 1:21:55 pm)
    Go Ms. Sniper!!!!

Get an F 350...whether you need it or not!!!

Boom-a-tic

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 1:55:51 pm)
    Heck, I'd love an F-350 Crewcab with a huge grill guard and rack, extra lights, 4-wheel drive with big tires etc. But I'm on a lowly engineer's budget. And buying all these guns sure doesn't help.

My wife just wants a 1/2-ton truck, but I keep telling her they don't have enough oomph to pull horse trailers. Especially not if we're towing draft horses. This is pretty much going to be her truck, though. I'm resigned to the fact that I have to drive a small car that gets good gas mileage, since I drive 100 miles a day just to get to work and back. I couldn't imagine what fuel would cost if I did that commute in an F-350.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/16/03 2:10:24 pm)
    Reply Re: it's all fun and games till someone gets and eye poked o
    An N-gin-ear? Heck, I thought youse guys made the big bucks! Drive dem Cadillac SUVs, n' smoke them $40 Cuban C-gars!

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 2:28:47 pm)
    Funny, that's what I thought when I chose engineering as a career. Don't believe what you hear! It's a thankless profession.

Who do you think they blame when ANYTHING goes wrong on a construction job?

Dang job foremen make more money than I do....

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 3:01:58 pm)
    Reply foreman
    Sounds like you need to join or form a union, Sniper.

Now I'll run and duck for cover

chuck

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 3:03:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: foreman

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 4:07:09 pm)
    Reply Foreman
    "Dang job foremen make more money than I do.... "

Maybe they earn it. Just suggesting.

Clouder..

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 4:20:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Foreman
    Nice try, clouder.... I almost bit.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 4:41:23 pm)
    Re: Foreman

Boom-a-tic

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 6:28:25 pm)
    Thread has segued to Trucks so:
    This is the third V10 I've had the pleasure to own. I had GMC's for the past 20 yrs and had a new Dodge FOR ONE DAY, it had so many defects the dealer HAD to take it back

"Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 8:07:53 pm)
    Re: Thread has segued to Trucks so:
    Now THAT is a truck!!!!

covet, covet, covet...or was that Corvette...I am so confused!

Boom-a-tic

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 4:20:49 am)
    Re: Thread has segued to Trucks so:
    ha. maybe we need a truck forum, too.

Quote:

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/15/03 7:40:36 pm)
    The idea of having a Politics Forum has been recently discussed by Admin and the Staff. Though we would like to add this forum, we simply can not at this time. One of the reasons that Tac has not been around much is due to his vigilant work making things better for us in the future. At the moment, he has no time to work-up this forum and bring it to life.

We appreciate the lively political talks, and hope to continue having them. We would like to politely direct these topics to the Fire For Effect forum for the time being.

We would like to keep the General Discussion forum open to topics that a wider populous would enjoy. Remember, not everyone likes to discuss Politics, Religion, or Unions(onions)(bad smell, and makes your eyes burn!).

Hear, Hear.
    Same comment as others - take that political rant crapola and shove it in the Fire for Effect or a 'Political Hot Issues'.
    Plenty of groups formed specifically to discuss and address these issues, plenty of mail lists to subscribe to, plenty of cabal sites to visit.
    I come here to talk about guns, gun history, reloading, any other sort of gun-related technical information.
    Like to get to know other people who share those interests.
    BUT.
    A few in this thread have said "don't like it, don't click it!"
    Well, that doesn't quite work. Too frequently, I'll click to read a topic with a non-political heading, only to find Shizamus-droppings or other such alarmist postings by a few other chronic Down with the Feds / BATF / Brady / UN fans.
    Joy.
    I don't disagree or disparage any kernels of accurate information at the root of these things, but tired of having it thrust in my face at every turn, withOUT my seeking it out OR subscribing to it.
    I'm aware of the issues. I vote. I speak my mind to my representatives. To my friends and associates when the topic is discussed.
    But I don't need to be proselytized EVERY time I come here to relax.
    (shrug) I can only guess that for some other people, chronic alarmist rabble-rousing posting is 'relaxation'.

I'll see the apolitical gun fans in the other sub-forums.
    Rich

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 8:17:27 am)
    Reply Re: Thread has segued to Trucks so:

Quote:
    A few in this thread have said "don't like it, don't click it!"
    Well, that doesn't quite work. Too frequently, I'll click to read a topic with a non-political heading, only to find Shizamus-droppings or other such alarmist postings by a few other chronic Down with the Feds / BATF / Brady / UN fans.

I'd wager its less than the number of threads that devolve into emoticon wars, ya think?

Again, the issue seems to be the "content" of political postings, rather than political postings per se. Yet, those who take issue with the content can't manage to do any better than to throw out a few disparaging bombshells, instead of a reasoned rebuttal. Shoot and scoot. Certainly not "discussion". This is a "discussion" forum, right?

Example:
    Quote:
    chronic alarmist rabble-rousing

Rayra, how about posting up the positive contributions of the UN/Brady bunch/BATF, which you seem to be moved to defending by implication in your post? Or did you even realize it? You can even start a new thread.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Opinions are like *********, everyone has one and they're all full of ****. "Informed" opinion, or at least attempting to discuss issues, exchange ideas, is something else worth aiming for, eh? Gun talk...fine, no problem. Oh, this is "relaxation"...bring on the fart jokes. Anyone ever think about the impression THAT conveys to the public, who may land on this forum? Argg....

I'll repeat...everyone has a right to their opinions. No attempt here to control who posts what and where. Just find it interesting what raises the ire of some members. OK, everyone back to sleep!

Edited by: hammer4nc at: 1/17/03 8:27:03 am

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 9:17:52 am)
    Reply Less Trucks
    You guys keep whining about this and I'm gonna tell JOSEY1 where ya are. Then you'll see, yessir, by gum, then you'll see.

Clouder..

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 9:53:44 am)
    Reply Re: Less Trucks
    Oh, good Lord, Clouder. Don't do THAT, puh-leeze!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 11:03:34 am)
    First On Race Day
    Been thinking of selling my '79 Ford 4x4, just can't seem to part witht the old girl.

I do like the gas milage of the Chevy's. The dependability of them is what I have had problems with in the past. The suspension of the Chevy's has never been built for hard work either, more of a comfort ride.

I think the one I was involved with just a lemon though. Heck it was one it's 3rd transmission at 40,000 and the door hinges were so bad the doors would hardly close. A/C compressor had gone out also. Sure could have used the tailgate heater the new ones have on that POS.

Ford, Dodge or Chevy all make a good truck and it is just the luck of the draw.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 11:34:46 am)
    Re: MY Personal and Political Philosophy (On trucks):
    80/500

Boom-a-tic

Edited by: boomatic at: 1/17/03 11:36:18 am

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 11:44:00 am)
    Reply Re: Gonna go for it??
    Dealer here got a 03 Escalade pickup (black) wants to trade me strate up for my Parker AAHE 410 Quien sabe??

Klowder yeah go ahead an drag josey, bullzeye an them wunnerful dudes from that smartass s.j.c. may as well have the "players" if we B gonna play that way. don't forget Darrell, he B settin everbody strate over here, like i mean this dude DOES noitall, rite Piggy??

YEAH RITE-----------!!!

Edited by: ibtrukn at: 1/17/03 11:49:19 am

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 12:18:56 pm)
    Re: Gonna go for it??
    u no it ib!

You got a Parker AAHE .410??????

I really think you need to quit holding out on us and show us some pics of your gun collection.

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 12:21:10 pm)
    Reply Re: First On Race Day
    I got lucky and drove a chevy off the lot that is still moving with 150,000 of hard farm miles on it.

I'm not one to talk politics, I do reed most of em.

klouder.......Please! we beg you not to disclose our position to those Misfits. Altho there are a few I would like to rescue from that cesspool.

IB.......Everyone has a truck. But your the only one that has a Parker AAHE 410 quien sabre.....Trade for the truck and have him throw in a Corvette.
    firearms forever!

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 1:21:01 pm)
    Reply AAHE
    I love ya man and you kin have my Bud Lite, and my truck, and my Honda and my do------wife.

Clouder..

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 1:31:39 pm)
    Re: AAHE
    I think Id just hang on to da Parker, in a pinch ya can always hold da dealer up and takes ya pick a colors.
    cointoss2

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 4:43:11 pm)
    Re: AAHE

Quote:

Rayra, how about posting up the positive contributions of the UN/Brady bunch/BATF, which you seem to be moved to defending by implication in your post? Or did you even realize it? You can even start a new thread.

That's YOU putting words in my mouth.

My opposition to the incessant political postings of a few does NOT mean that I have Opposing political viewpoints.

It's that kind of sloppy thinking that starts arguments and 'reactions' in the first place.

I HAVE nothing Positive to say about UN / Brady / BATF.

Just means I'm tired of reading about them HERE.

Rich

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 7:00:50 pm)
    Reply Political Philosophy
    rayra:

C'mon, stand up for what you believe. Most here won't hold it against ya. Really nothing wrong with being a liberal, just a little uncomforatble here.

Clouder..

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 7:33:48 pm)
    Reply Re: Political Philosophy
    ain`t he frum Californ-I-A.......????????

rhinoman
    (1/17/03 7:58:27 pm)
    Hey, I really had no idea what "Fire for effect" was. I'll post my political topics there! Sorry guys. As I said, still fairly new to this forum.
    The fight for freedom is not fought overseas in distant lands with guns, missles and bombs. It is fought here with words, pen and paper and I fear, we are loosing it.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 10:01:25 pm)
    Re: Political Philosophy

Boom-a-tic

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 5:37:25 pm)
    R-MAN, dont ever, no not ever go soft an polagize here. "THEY" will make U wish...........

DUDES, there is a "HOOK" on my postup. Hooze gonna be the 1st to find it? maybe we got a prize yar all my s&h green stamps.......postpaid......Uh huh

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/18/03 11:11:38 pm)
    Getting back to Boomer's topic of vehicles -

Been a GM man all my long life, with a few momentary lapses with a couple of Dodge Ramchargers and a Ford Tempo.

Presently have 2 four-wheelers sitting at the place, a Chevy Blazer and a Chev 1/2 ton pickup. Think they're both great vehicles................BUT! Rode for a day in a friend's new F350 extended cab 4x4 with a V-10 in it. Gotta say, I was mighty impressed with the unit.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 9:43:16 am)

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 10:25:07 am)
    FORD TEMPO????????????????

kbubba...I don't think I'da told that!!!!!!!!!

My friend Dave had to drive one after his divorce...he called it the tampon!!!!

Boom-a-tic

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/19/03 11:30:08 am)
    Wasn't fer me, Boomer - was the wife's wheels 'til she outgrew 'em, then reverted to youngest daughter's school transportation. Onlyest thing I did was buy it and then sell it!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 11:11:24 pm)
    Thank god you got rid of it before'n it multiplied!!!!

Boom-a-tic

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 9:40:44 am)
    Oh and Yup...those F350 x 10 are pure redneck art! I want one but no car payment is a great thing. Been so long since I had one that I am very unlikely to take one on without necessity.

So if anyone would like to come sabotage my vehicle...

Boom-a-tic

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 6:13:13 pm)
    Can you see it???????????????????????????????

It is right over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boom-a-tic

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 9:31:43 pm)
    I'll....99

Boom-a-tic

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 9:32:50 pm)
    Cheat...100!!!!!!!!!!

Boom-a-tic

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/22/03 12:13:13 am)
    rhinoman,

The "FFE" forum was originally thought up by a former staff member of VMBB for the troops to vent, but we thought it
    to be a good idea(early on)for TFF, however, It has come
    to my attention lately, the GD forum itself is exactly as it says, and that is, it is self explanitory in it's header
    alone.

To All:

There are, and will be, MANY hot topics that will roll on
    through, both that are, have, and will pass through TFF
    and many other related forums and the like, and by all
    means, each & everyone of you(at least in my opinion)
    are entitled to your thoughts, however, not to be retorical/repetitive, but to expand upon what I presume
    to be a reasonbly receptive & thoughtful community as
    a whole, I think that if everyone takes a clear and unbias
    (as I do)look on the issues, at the least, one can take something positive from all sides of the coin, and possibly have a positiveand learn a better understanding towards
    what the oposing views are, but never the less, let
    us all never forget that we're ALL on the same side!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/22/03 12:17:56 pm)
    Reply Re: MY Personal and Political Philosophy (On trucks):
    TAC,,, if i read your post right, then i agree.
    Yet there are a few that do not agree with
    General Discussion as to what should and should
    not be posted in GD. By creating a mindset and
    PERCEPTION that some of us should be in another
    forum. This PERCEPTION takes on a life of its own,
    and the mindset becomes REALITY. And some of
    us buy into it. The rules of this forum do not
    promote this perception. Just look at this thread
    alone, it contradicts the perception they are trying
    to create.

PERCEPTION IS REALITY !

www.gcnlive.com
    www.keepandbeararms.com

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/22/03 12:54:40 pm)
    Hey Shiz,

I am not sure tyo what or whom you are refering when you say

Quote:
    Yet there are a few that do not agree with

I, too, think this thread got way out of hand. Do go back and read what I said to begin with. All I said was that "I", me personally, was going to stay out of the incendiary topics and talk about guns more. I certainly do not see how that impinges on anyone elses freedoms.

Furthermore, the only reason I got "upset" was because people then questioned everything from my intelligence to communication methods.

I agree that perception is reality. As a teacher of Human Communication for many years, empirical evidence definitely bears this hypothesis out. My perception was that the forum, at the time I posted, read like the archive at the National Enquirer or something. All that I observed was that I was tired of seeing it so I was going to change it by posting more gun topics...which I have yet to do...because I have been lazy!

However, open forum is open forum. Everyone should post as they feel fit.

BTW, Alex Jones is still an alarmist, publicity seeking crackpot no different than Jerry Springer or Morton Downey Jr.

Boom-a-tic

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/22/03 10:59:58 pm)
    BOOM,,, i was refering to anyone who in their posts were hinting or suggesting that this or that kind of BS should be in another forum, when the same could be said about them.
    Even to the point of suggesting that the staff move my post.
    As if they were involuntary participants. As someone else has said, " what part of click don't you understand ? " Snippy remarks can be very suggestive and can be taken the wrong
    way. Otherwise i am in agreement with you.
    BTW...How and what do you know about AJ , explain
    "AJ is STILL an alarmist and crackpot " where are you coming
    from on this one ? What do you know that i don't ? Fill me in.

PERCEPTION IS REALITY !

www.gcnlive.com

Edited by: Shizamus at: 1/23/03 3:21:24 am

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/23/03 11:30:45 am)
    Don't worry about it
    Quote:
    The "FFE" forum was originally thought up by a former staff member of VMBB for the troops to vent, but we thought it
    to be a good idea(early on)for TFF, however, It has come
    to my attention lately, the GD forum itself is exactly as it says, and that is, it is self explanitory in it's header
    alone.

To All:

There are, and will be, MANY hot topics that will roll on
    through, both that are, have, and will pass through TFF
    and many other related forums and the like, and by all
    means, each & everyone of you(at least in my opinion)
    are entitled to your thoughts, however, not to be retorical/repetitive, but to expand upon what I presume
    to be a reasonbly receptive & thoughtful community as
    a whole, I think that if everyone takes a clear and unbias
    (as I do)look on the issues, at the least, one can take something positive from all sides of the coin, and possibly have a positiveand learn a better understanding towards
    what the oposing views are, but never the less, let
    us all never forget that we're ALL on the same side!

Tac

Edited by: warpig883 at: 1/28/03 10:09:02 pm

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/23/03 11:52:20 pm)
    Reply Re: Don't worry about it
    Back to topic .......I think!!!!!!!

I bought a new truck today, Chevy 2500, 4X4, ext cab, short box, 6.0 liter.
    It's hard for me not to beat the crap out them on the farm, the 94 had dent's on all four corners and had 150,000 miles without a trany or motor.
    X gets the firearms flying fickle finger of fate award!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/24/03 12:16:42 am)
    Way to go, Ys - !

Go out and back it inta' a stump, so's you get the first dent over with - from then on, it's smooth sailing!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 8:47:56 am)
    How the heck did ya manage to put that many miles on 'er iff'n she ain't gots no motor or no tranny????

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 10:09:46 am)
    I shoulda seen that one comin

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 11:21:53 am)
    Y's, nice ride!! 150 grand runnin around yur farm? shessh, yur place must be as big as crookevile tex

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 11:52:08 am)
    Re: Don't worry about it
    Larry...you dog!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still drivin' a '95 model!!!!!

Boom-a-tic

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 12:37:39 pm)
    IB... Most of the miles are parts runing, both the JD and IH dealerships are 30 miles one way, and sometimes I send the kid three times a day. I think cookville is bigger they got two bobcats ..I only got's 1

Boomatic
    03's are nice, you better trade up before it nickle & dimes ya to death! $$$$$$$

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/28/03 8:50:19 pm)
    Reply Hey!
    IB, Go ahead and send me that 03....

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/29/03 11:14:38 am)
    Reply Re: Hey!
    Smokin, ya gotta refresh da memry, i don,t no wat i had fer brekfast......today??? 03????

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/29/03 11:25:25 am)
    I LUVVVV my trucks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.