My Prejudices ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

44rugerfan
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/22/01 11:46:25 am)
    | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    My Prejudices
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guns: Rugers, mostly. I am more of a value shopper than one who is willing to spend $1,000 on a custom gun.
    Ammo: All around, 44 mag. You can hunt with it easily out of either a handgun or rifle, has enough whack to do the job. Varmit: .243. load them light for a 500-yard shot on a coyote, load them heavy for taking a deer. Heavy: .30-06. If you can only own one rifle, own it in the .30-06. Can take anything that lives on the North American continent. Plinking: 22lr of course.
    Trucks: Dodge. I like them because they haven't given in to the technology for technology's sake thinking, therefore still has straight axles, cummings turbo deisel, etc. I've had alot of them, and they are like anvils, hard to break.
    Tools: Craftsman. Unless you lose it, that screwdriver will be the last one you ever lay out money for. If it breaks, just take it back to your local Sears store (and they are everywhere). Snap-on's are great, but cost more and you have to hunt up the truck to get service work done. No other tool line is so complete or warrantied as well. With one exception...
    Tool: Knipex Cobra pliers. If I had to do my job with only one tool, they would be it. Unbelievably versatile and tough.
    Soda: Mountain Dew. I can't gag down a cola to save my life.
    Politics: Whoever is closest to the way I think. The reason politics is so messed up is most people don't bother to vote in the first place, and those that do base their decision more on a 30-second commercial than bothering to really getting to know the canidates.
    Coffee: Folgers.
    Clothes: Cotton. Leather. Period.
    Fast food: PAPA JOHN'S PIZZA..... must have papa john's....
    Poetry: Robert Frost.

So what about you guys?

The Trademark Of Reliability

warpig883
    (11/22/01 11:52:38 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: My Prejudices
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guns-Browning, John Moses browning is a god in my book
    Caliber-.308 and .45acp
    Author-Clive Cussler and James Fenimore Cooper
    Trucks-Older Fords then Dodge all the way. Chevy are great for riding around town and on the hiway but for hard work and hard play the old Fords and all the Dodges run circles around them.
    Food-anything made by my mom or grandma
    Drink-water
    poet- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

One after one, by the star-dogged moon, Too quick for groan or sigh, Each turned his face with a ghastly pang, And cursed me with his eye. Four times fifty living men, (And I heard nor sigh nor groan) With heavy thump, a lifeless lump, They dropped down one by one.

gpostal
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/22/01 12:55:56 pm)
    guns - anything except .25 acp

caliber -see above

trucks ford and dodge never ever had luck with any gm

food -Italian

drink - anything but grapefruit juice

poet - don't read much poetry

fast food - anything that is open and has a deal going ,and you don't have to pull out a second mortgage like at kfc

the rest I agree with 44 rugerfan

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/22/01 1:30:03 pm)
    All of the above is good...

Warpig I agree Clive Cussler and Dirk Pit are great !!!

Confused? Don't be so sure.

1 dano
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/22/01 2:35:20 pm)
    | Edit | Del RE:
    I don't have any prejudices! I just figure if you don't buy a BERETTA, it's your loss!

warpig883
    (11/22/01 11:16:56 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: RE:
    Flhunter, yeah they are. I was worried on his next to last book when he kind of strayed away from Dirk but he is back stronger than ever in the latest one. Have you read it? It is called Raising Valhalla. You will not believe the ending.
    One after one, by the star-dogged moon, Too quick for groan or sigh, Each turned his face with a ghastly pang, And cursed me with his eye. Four times fifty living men, (And I heard nor sigh nor groan) With heavy thump, a lifeless lump, They dropped down one by one.

Bob In St Louis
    (11/23/01 8:10:15 am)
    Favorite guns - Why, anything Spanish of course! Plus Swedish Mausers, plus Moisin Nagants, plus FN49s - hell, I like em all!
    Favorite caliber(s) - 9mm Largo, 6.5x55 Swedish, 7.62x54R, 7mm Mauser.
    Favorite Food - I will eat just about anything, but I do have a preference for the hot and spicy - Like Guatemalan and Mexican cuisine.
    Favorite vehicle - been a Chevy man all my life.
    Favorite author - Robert Heinlen, Edgar Allen Poe, Frank Herbert, Mark Twain, --- many, many more.
    Favorite music - got a diverse taste - I love Blue Grass, Grateful Dead, and Classical music, particularly impressionistic works from early 1900s - Dvorak, etc.
    Art - again, the impressionists - Monet, Seraut
    Women - like em dark haired and firey tempered!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Zigzag2
    (11/23/01 8:56:31 am)
    BOOBS... Big 1's, little 1's

the real fredneck
    (11/23/01 9:04:20 am)
    panties, not the greatest thing in the world but right next to it

17th FA Bn
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/23/01 11:33:46 am)
    | Edit | Del Panties
    You can't say the word panties without smiling. It is one of the happiest words in the English language.

WyomingSwede
    (11/23/01 12:58:35 pm)
    Guns: Mausers & Savage
    Ammo: handloads...of course
    Caliber: 338-06, 6.6x55 Swede, 270 Win
    Author:John Sandford(Prey books),Alan Eckert,Tom Clancy
    Trucks: Dodge
    Food: anything fried
    Drink: Ice water (easy to find in MN)
    Poet: James Whitcomb Riley
    Wyoming Swede

KimberRuger
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/23/01 2:19:21 pm)
    Guns: Kimbers, Rugers (duh !) .... I've got a Sig that's growin on me too.

Trucks: For work - the older the better, for driving, nothing like a new GM

Food: YUCK to fast food - too much over the past 6 or so years - gimme home cookin

Beverage: Michelob or Mich Light, merlot or shiraz, Bacardi Select ....... hmmmm, and I guess coke (for the Bacardi)

Poet: Warpig

Women: Brown eyes and long hair

Music: Anything but RAP or that whiney/twngy country crud.

Misc: Yep, panties ...... and a fireplace or a woodburning stove, the above mentioned wine, a soft blanket .......... ok, forget the panties..........

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/23/01 3:30:39 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My Prejudices
    Guns:

Rifles: Military, from C&R to the present including
    machineguns, Ruger, Feather.

Pistols/Revolvers: U.S. Military 1911-A1, Colt,
    Beretta, S&W(pre-Klinton commie deal), NAA,
    LLama baby 1911-A1.

Ammo:

For all of the above!

Tools:

Gunsmithing.

Drinks:

Bud Ice & Juice.

Clothes:

Mostly Jeans/T-Shirts.

Coffee:

Green Mountain.

Food:

Hamburger freak(not fast food type),
    Italian, Greek and too many others
    to mention.

Vehicle:

Depends on what works best in the mountains.

Music:

Musician, too many to list.
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

TallTLynn
    (11/23/01 8:41:40 pm)
    Guns: Berreta is my handgun of choice - and I don't care what caliber. Rifles - .303 Enfields - I'm not real picky on who made them - though I admit I do like my Longbranch sporterized one.

Trucks: Dodge first - except they've compromised their newer trucks. If it is after 1986 it isn't worth it to me. So I'm going to go with my 1970 Ford Custom 4x4. It just keeps on going - and is old enough that you don't need an electronics store to keep it operational.

Ammo - 9mm or .303 British (though I do admit that the little 30-06 I picked up is beginning to gain in my eyes here).

Tools: Craftsman is good but beware - if you had the older style stuff then they don't make it anymore and the newer stuff isn't the same. Sad but true. Still all in all for tools they are the easiest to take back and replace.

Soda: None - don't do soda's of any kind. I'd prefer a good cup of fresh ground coffee or plain water. I do not do preground coffee in a can - too many things have been added to it and far too acidic.

Politics: Depends on the candidate and my attitude at the time. Lately I think most people in politics are not worth shit.

Clothes - jeans whenever I can and tank tops - however, since I work, long dresses are my preference for there.

Fast food: none - once again I will either go to a restaraunt where I can have a good prepared meal or I'm going to cook it myself (oh god what did I just say????).

Poetry - Edgar Allen Poe.

AntiqueDr
    (11/23/01 8:57:16 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    OK, I'll add my little bit.

Guns - dont know enough about 'em to make an informed choice, therefore I like 'em all.

Trucks - Ford Powerstroke F350. The one I drive happens to have a Frazer ambulance body on it and will STILL do 100mph.

Ammo - dont care for Wolf. REALLY like Cor-Bon.

Tools - Like Tac, quality gunsmithing tools. Spend a fortune with Brownells.

Soda - Dr Pepper. Hell, I'm from Texas!

Politics - pretty conservative. Ditto, anybody?

Clothes - vast majority is blue...

Food - Italian, Mexican, Chinese, American, etc etc etc. I will not suffer a beet, nor an eggplant.

Poetry - Frost or Carroll.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

KimberRuger
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/23/01 10:14:11 pm)
    TAC ?????

Llama ??????

That was a joke - right ? Llama ??????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

TallTLynn
    (11/23/01 10:41:31 pm)
    Kimber - Llama's are good guns - at least the one's I've gotten to shoot were.

KimberRuger
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/23/01 10:44:51 pm)
    Hmmm ..... I've shot two - the "MiniMax .45" and a .380.

Neither one fed reliably, the finish on both was horrible, and they felt "chinsey" and "cheap" in my hand.

Both were new though, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/24/01 4:41:23 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    KR,

The one and only LLama that I own is old and an
    exact copy of the 1911-A1 only much smaller and
    in .22L.R.-Cal., very accurate and fires flawlessly
    unlike the LLama's of today which are as you described,
    mine is quality and a very sought after collectable.
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

Bob In St Louis
    (11/24/01 7:18:56 am)
    I have a couple of Llamas that are the 1911-A1 format in minature, in 32ACP. They were produced during the WWII years (one in 1943 and the other in 1944) and one of them is marked with the "Geco" import stamp into Germany. Both of these pistols work flawlessly, and they feel so "right" when you hold them and fire them! There are some nice Llamas out there - some of the more recent stuff may be questionable, but these older ones were nicely made!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
    (11/24/01 10:15:07 pm)
    Guns: Any military with a "history," specifically US and USSR...then Brit, and begrudgingly, German and ditto to JM Browning....

'97 Winchesters, but could easily fall for a Model 12 if I could've got either the riot or the one with the polychoke to cut off to match my '97 at the last auction...

Handguns: any decent 1911A1 clone faithful to Browning's design, any Makarov, starting to like the d@mn Astra...shoot DA Smiths best though, but don't own a one! I prefer autos...

Calibers: .45 ACP, .30-06, .308, .243, .300 Savage among others in US...

7.62x54R, 6.5x50, 8x56RH, .303 in furren'

Authors: Non-fiction: Stephen Ambrose, John Keegan, John Dunnigan, and Tom Clancy (Yes, NON fiction) Anything in Mil History.

Fiction: WEB Griffin, and I can't remember his name, darn it! (Partsheimers!)the guy who wrote Bright Star, The Ten Thousand, etc...

Not into poetry, even though I studied alot! I always seemed to like the oddballs and one-hits.

Music: Southern Rocker, from Marshall Tucker to OLD ZZTop And Charlie, and everything in between, with a special place in my heart for Duayne, Ronnie, and Toy... Plus liked Janis, Early REO Speedwagon, before they went commercial, Todd Rundgren, Yes, Rush, Bad Company, FogHat, the Stones as long as Jagger isn't doing something obscene with the tongue, hate Bowie, think the Beatles were NOT bigger than JC, EVER, and Queen and Kiss STILL makes me sick...

Art: Realism

Politics: Conservative, Heterosexual, Pro-Life, Pro-Gun Republican American, any questions?

We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

A Professional
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/25/01 2:54:48 am)
    Guns. Beretta, Bushmaster and Barrett.

Caliber. Plinking-7.62.39 Varmit hunting-.223 Selfdefense-.40 or 12 gauge

Vehicle. Car-GM, I own a Impala, 2000. Truck-Dodge RAM

Politics. Whats that?

polishshooter
    (11/25/01 8:50:23 pm)
    And oh yeah, old GM trucks all the way...they never die, you can take them APART with a pair of pliers and a 9/16" box wrench...and NEVER go below $500 resale...

Dodges will turn you into mechanics REAL quick...

Fords you can't GIVE away when they get old...

Every old 1970-80 Chevy I've EVER had that I rode hard and put to bed wet SOLD like hotcakes, even with more rust than paint, holes in the bed and floor, one with only 7 cylinders, and once with a locked 3 speed tranny, none sold for less than $500,, usually first day ad hit...

My last Ford, 1976 F100, solid bed, cherry interior, 300 6cyl ran like a top, rebuilt tranny, but cab was pretty rusty?

$300 was the best offer I got, advertised it for 3 weeks, two years ago...and I live in a FORD town...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

IceNineIceNine
    (11/26/01 2:39:39 am)
    Polish, I did a lot better when I got rid of my Ford.

She was an '83 F100 with a straight 6, body was mint, no rust, no dents, even in the bed. Interior was good, except dash was cracked to hell. Ran great, tranny was on its way downhill. I bought her in Baltimore, MD in 1996 with 65k on her for $1200 and sold her in Santa Fe, NM in 1998 with 106k on her -- to a used car dealership! -- for $1500. And that was the first person I talked to about selling it. I got lucky.
    ;-)

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/01 2:46:59 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Calibers...308/45acp/6.5x55 swede/7.62x39
    Guns...Remington/Rand..Springfield 1911 types, M1A/M14, M38 Swedish Mauser, JC Higgins' shotguns.
    Don't read that much any more, useta love Louis L'Amour and Mickey Spillane(love that Mike Hammer). no poets
    Drive a '66 chevy 1/2 ton P/U and ride a '64 Harley Bagger.
    Had new stuff, didn't like the crap.
    Politics..nunyer bidness.

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/26/01 12:24:40 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Guns: Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays O/U
    Ithaca 600T, Perazzi Mirage, Weatherby shot guns
    Target rifles: 22s Remington 541T &
    Mannlicher Schoenauer High velocity sporting 6.5x55
    S&W model 60 Colt 1911 gold cup Makarov 9x18 EG
    Reading MARK TWAIN CLASSICS & Gunguy
    Riding Volvo and a BMW
    Politics The best man (but I'm flexible)

Charlie D
    My mom always watched me...
    for signs of improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.