The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Glock. SW
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took inventory of everything I have and wanted to post here for some feedback please:

RCBS electric scale
midway impact bullet puller
Midway Tumbler
RCBS resizing Lubricant
RCBS Dial Caliper
Digital Caliper
RCBS Auto primer feed
RCBS #7738058 Shell holder
RCBS Uniflow Powder measure
Powder measure mount
RCBS ROCK CHUCKER COMBO
Forster case trimmer
RCBS Primer pocket swager combo #9495
RCBS bullet puller w/o collet ( have .223, 7mm, and a few other collets) #9440
RCBS FL die set .223 Rem #11101
RCBS Precision MIC .223 rem #88304
Nosler Manual
Speer Manual
???? Rcbs manual ,i know i have 3 manuals.
Powder funnel
RCBS Deburring tool

RECENTLY ADDED ( 5/14):
Digital Calipers
Universal Loading tray
Case lube kit: tray, brush(s), handle
Frankford Arsenal spray case lube
RCBS powder trickler
#10 case holder
#3 case holder
#16 case holder
RCBS pocket primer brush
assorted bullet boxes
Rcbs Case holder case
One Book/One caliber for .223

I think I need a powder trickler, tumbler medium.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Media separator (separates cases from whatever cleaning media you are using), powder funnel (after you weigh a charge you can immediately charge the case), deburring tool (you need to chamfer the cases after trimming). There are lots of other gadgets that you can get if you really get the bug, but you will be able to get by with what you've got. I went years without tumbling my brass, and never had to trim a case till I started loading bottle-neck rifle cartridges.

·
Registered
Glock. SW
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Media separator (separates cases from whatever cleaning media you are using), powder funnel (after you weigh a charge you can immediately charge the case), deburring tool (you need to chamfer the cases after trimming). There are lots of other gadgets that you can get if you really get the bug, but you will be able to get by with what you've got. I went years without tumbling my brass, and never had to trim a case till I started loading bottle-neck rifle cartridges.
Thank you. There are a bunch of things that I forgot I had.

·
Premium Member
17,214 Posts
You cannot have too many manuals. The older ones have data you won't find elsewhere, especially on line and, are interesting to read, if nothing else.
I use my powder trickler frequently, like every time I load an extruded powder in a rifle.
Mini metal lathe.
Bench top mill.
The last two I jest but, I couldn't get along without them.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
So…this seems to be an older model than the ROCK CHUCKER OR THE SUPREME.
DOES anyone know how mine will differ from the new and improved models?
You should be able to download information on your RCBS press from their website. Pet Smart Lizard Litter is what I use for cleaning/polishing media. Just add a cap full of Nu-Shine auto polish to it and you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
OKAY. thanks everyone! So to add to my inventory where will I get the best customer experience? MIDWAY, RCBS....
RCBS has excellent cust service.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If loading for rifle which is sounding like, you will probably want to get the headspace comparator set and that clamp on anvil for your calipers. Digital is easier to work with because you can zero it easily without adding math to the measurement when using the comparator.

Got to throw in beam balance/scale to your list. I never met a digital scale I trusted 100%

That tumbler a wet tumbler? Come with the media, and pick-up magnet too? going to need those if not. If its dry tumbler, be sure to get the media cleaning additive too while you are at it.

Might want to consider a Lee universal decapping die and some extra decapping pins/shafts, or at least extra pins to use with your die set.

If is just the one cartridge you loading for, may consider the "World's Finest Trimmer" in your chosen cartridge. Make sure you are going to like using whichever trimmer you buy so you don't end up having bought a few of them before settling on which one you like to use (like I did).

Last off, I got to recommend the "Top Grade Ammo" book if you are new to reloading. In fact I recommend starting with this book, read it, and then decide on what you're going to buy - unless you've already bought equipment. Is tailored to .223

TD

·
Registered
Glock. SW
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Still missing a few items and the cheapest place with free shipping for RCBS is RCBS…I think. [SILLY ME. AMAZON . ARRIVES IN THE MORNING]

The primer holes are clean. I would start priming today but I don’t have a #10 Case holder that i have to order.

3 more things i need to figure out are size for the primer cleaning brush and military crimp removal tool.

They all come as separate so i need a handle, the right size brush and crimper.

.223 is a small primer hole brush and small military crimp remover? I am just getting The crimp remover just so my total adds up to 50 to get the free shipping.

·
GUNZILLA
8,957 Posts
Some polish for your media if you want shiny brass. Reloading trays would be convenient, calipers are missing, I prefer the digital kind, easier on my old eyes also some brass case gages for your specific caliber would be useful.

Reactions: beebad

·
Registered
Glock. SW
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some polish for your media if you want shiny brass. Reloading trays would be convenient, calipers are missing, I prefer the digital kind, easier on my old eyes also some brass case gages for your specific caliber would be useful.
I was losing sleep over where I would get the rest of the needed materials since ALL the gun shops in my area just sell guns and even the places that sell relaoding stuff still have to order it from their distr. centers.... RCBS seemed to have the best deal until I compared everything on AMAZON.....and well..PRIME ROOLS!..it will ALL be here tomorrow and I will save a few quid!
The corn cob or walnut media I read we can save a lot by buying from the pet store.... Any ideas on that? The brass polish, I don't know yet if it is a GUN/RELOADING SPECIFIC product or how it interacts with the media to get the desired effect...Just haven't gotten that far. The last thing i think I could possibly get is a powder baffle..... it's only money.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts