The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took him out this morning & I couldn't pull him off his new Colt 1911 .22. He shot off over 200 rounds in no time. I am his official magazine loader! While changing his target, He found this beautiful Deer shed behind a fallen tree. The longest tine measures 11.5 inches, He is a Happy camper for sure. He's such a great kid, Can't ask for more.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remington High Velocity golden bullets, hollow point 36 grain. I had this box for years so we used them & the gun shot under 3" most of the time

·
Registered
95 Posts
Next time you all shoot, toss in a pair of safety glasses along with the ear muffs.

The best way to shoot for a lifetime is to shoot safely.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good job a little family time at the range. I can tell you are very proud. He's shooting the little Colt well enough to pick up a squirrel or rabbbit.....Good shooting...............Redworm.........

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
The first pistol I ever pulled a trigger on was an old 1911a1 Gov't issue when I was in USMC boot camp. It would have been nice to have one of these beauties back then, my training time would have been cut to a minimum. Share and enjoy the pistol with your son and make sure he knows it is his. With that goes the responsibility for cleaning and safety. Good job Gzzv.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The first pistol I ever pulled a trigger on was an old 1911a1 Gov't issue when I was in USMC boot camp. It would have been nice to have one of these beauties back then, my training time would have been cut to a minimum. Share and enjoy the pistol with your son and make sure he knows it is his. With that goes the responsibility for cleaning and safety. Good job Gzzv.
Hi Arty
He knows it's his & the responsibility that goes with it. We sit together & break it down for cleaning & proper care. I also make him watch firearms handling & safety videos so he knows how serious a firearm is to possess. He can't wait for this weekend! Good thing the ammo is affordable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good job a little family time at the range. I can tell you are very proud. He's shooting the little Colt well enough to pick up a squirrel or rabbbit.....Good shooting...............Redworm.........
Hi Red
Family time at the range is always a plus.

Gzzv

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Love seeing kids his age learning to shoot responsibly. I wish I would have had a dad to do that with. My dad was shooting alot but from a shot glass not a gun....cherish every moment...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts