My trip to SOG today...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/23/01 10:23:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All My trip to SOG today...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Picked up my M44 I ordered on "Wild-card Wednesday" today.

1946 rearsenaled non matching, actually the best I've gotten so far, wood was excellent. Had the rod. My only complaint is that it came from InterOrdinance, and they stamped their importer marks right on the side of the chamber, looks terrible there.

BUT...that's not all...BSing with Cynthia, the sweetheart that runs dealer pick up, and lamented about not having any more Makarovs. She said she sold her absolutely last one today, she "found" one for some guy in back...get this, a RUSSIAN Mak she said went for $189!!!!

SOOOoooo....I said, any chance you have any Nagant revolvers left?

She said no, then said "wait a minute, I think I saw a couple somebody "put back" that nobody picked up..."

Long story short, I bought the very last one they had with all the accessories...YES.... 1937 Tula, excellent rearsenaled, but with a few rough spots on the cylinder, like they didn't polish enough when they reblued, all matching, with strange markings right above the big Star on the side, a large "WR". Anybody have an idea what that is?

Although I had to explain to my wife why I bought ANOTHER gun with a credit card after promising her when I got my CRFFL I'd never ever ever do that...oh well....

All in all, a great day I'd say...
    Eibar Pimp. "Pssst! 'Ay Meester..."

Spanish Cruffler
    (8/24/01 6:54:43 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: My trip to SOG today...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is such an exciting feeling when you finally locate that wanted item. Glad you finally found your Nagant revolver. As to the markings - I really don't know. I'm not up on these beasties.

Zigzag2
    (8/24/01 8:33:31 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My trip to SOG today...
    Well LUCKY you PolishShooter It's nice to know you were able to score!!!

cointoss 2
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/24/01 6:21:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My trip to SOG today...
    Way to go Polishshooter, I sure hope the find some more Makarovs, starting to be a "happy camper" with the Bulgarian that I bought.
    cointoss2

LIKTOSHOOT
    (8/24/01 8:54:04 pm)
    Polish, all I can say is ....Glad I don`t live that close to them
    "am not" R2

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/24/01 8:56:30 pm)
    It would be real nice to live close to some of these surplus gun places. Of course, now that I think about it, maybe it's good that I don't live close to them!

LIKTOSHOOT
    (8/24/01 9:01:01 pm)
    Like I said, turn me loose in a place close to home with a unlimited CC....IT WOULD HAVE A LIMIT IN SHORT ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "am not" R2

polishshooter
    (8/24/01 9:57:27 pm)
    The worst (Best?) part is that AIM is only about 10 miles north of SOG! They are both really decent to deal with, too, the hardest part is deciding which one will get the little money I have available when I have it.

They are both around 1 hour away from my family room...

In case you can't tell, I highly recommend either to any Cruffler, or dealer for that matter...

Another problem I have is the Indy 1500 Gun Show tomorrow...I want to take one of my 44s as trade bait or to sell...but which one????

The Pole and the Hunky are off limits...

This one is my only post-war Russky, in the best shape of all, BUT...

The matching blonde 1944? Can't do that, I like blondes too much...

The laminated 1944? Naw, that laminated is TOO pretty, I may never get another....

But then again, Russky's are on special again next week at SOG on Friday....what other kinds do you think I might get?

HMMmmmm.....

Mebbe I just put a high price on one and walk around with it and if nobody wants it that's fine by me...

What the heck, I feel bad if I sell ANY gun, and I can't POSSIBLY ever feel as bad as when I sold my DCM Garand....
    Eibar Pimp. "Pssst! 'Ay Meester..."

Edited by: polishshooter at: 8/24/01 11:05:39