The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just completed two videos on the Hornadu LNL Progressive Press. The reason I have made these videos is so I can let friends and aquaintances go to my videos to see how to trouble shoot their presses. I converse with a lot of gun guys in my travels and there are a lot of guys that have problems with getting their presses working so I thought I would share on how to get the LNL running smoothly.

I was nervous at first and it was hard to think about what I want to say, then say it, and go through the motions at the same time while filming. My only goal is to help other reloaders understand their press and start having fun with it.

My channel name is Bill Morgan. The films are a bit lengthy I know but I want to be thourough and when you see me running my press for an extended period of time it is to demonstrate that my press really does work as opposed to running a few rounds and then stopping like most youtube videos. My goal was to just be myself and do my best. I hope they are informative.

Here are the links.

This is the introductory video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qC1O5FzSCA

This covers the shell plate. This is hands on and informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPPdmdNsppI

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
38 minutes of Highboy talking about his "eject problems"...TMI, way TMI

:eek::eek::eek:
:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Great videos Jim. I'm leaning towards the Hornady LNL now that I know someone that knows how to set them up correctly.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
good vid and tip on the lock washer for the shell plate, i use a star type lock washer and works just the same and keeps it from working loose

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
can't wait for tomorrow night when i can devote time for video #2.

one non-aggressive critique; hold back on the "babble". at the end of #1 I noticed the tendency to loose interest. but if trying to stop prevents you from being highly informative and casual, forget I said anything. know what I mean Vern?

I have a sneaking suspicion I will be hankering for a LNL AP soon.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
can't wait for tomorrow night when i can devote time for video #2.

one non-aggressive critique; hold back on the "babble". at the end of #1 I noticed the tendency to loose interest. but if trying to stop prevents you from being highly informative and casual, forget I said anything. know what I mean Vern?

I have a sneaking suspicion I will be hankering for a LNL AP soon.
OK Hank. # 2 is better.

·
Super Moderator
28,128 Posts
Good vids Jim. When does Hornady start sending your checks?

Oh, you could have classed it up a bit by putting Jake in the show instead of making him work the camera. :p

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Jake has trouble running the camera, eating candles, and helping run the press. but don't worry, how do you think Jim learned? Jake taught him

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
just watched #2. nice video Bill, er Hank, er Vern....what ever. you know your name boy!

will #3 cover die adjustment?

I can see how a loose shell plate would cause all kind of problems. I favor the star washer idea better as it has a more even clamping force around the circumference. that's why they are used for low torque fasteners.

you also sold me on the SBGO. gotta get me some of that.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts