The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a friend recently come to me and explain he had a family gun (.22) that was missing the bolt and he was in search of a replacement bolt. Through questioning, I figured out he had no idea of the make or model, so I asked him to send me pictures of the gun and its identifying marks. The pics are not great but given the info, I am at a loss of the make and was hoping if I posted the pics, someone might recognize the gun and be able to provide some information. Please let me know if anyone recognizes the make or model.
Air gun Wood Shotgun Trigger Blade
Air gun Wood Shotgun Bumper Automotive exterior
Brown Wood Automotive tire Rectangle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
31 Posts
There are probably other markings, but the font and position of the markings shown are consistent with Savage/Stevens/Springfield. Looking at the action it would seem to be a variant of the Stevens Model 15. Used bolt assemblies can be found complete and the bolt itself is being reproduced and available from Gun Parts Corp (although they show out of stock right now).

·
Registered
475 Posts
Remove the stock and look for additional markings .
As stated , Savage / Stevens / Springfield made inexpensive single shot 22 rifles for harware stores all over the country ... some marked with a "store brand" some unmarked .
Go to Gun Parts Corporation and start looking at all the parts diagrams and see if you can spot yours ... some models used the same bolt ... you might find 3 or 4 that have different names / model numbers but are the same gun and the parts will interchange .
Don't be afraid to call Gun Parts Corp. for help ... they can usually cross reference what you have with what will interchange and see if they have it in stock .
Gary

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The barrel markings in your photo look similar to an old winchester mdl 60 I have with what it says and the font used but if it was a winchester it would be stamped to the left of the cal markings.

I agree with those above that it is likely a private lable Stevens. Winchester also made private lable guns for sears and a few others. Check the butt plate to see if something is on it like sears or western etc... The trigger guard is not like a Win - those were thinner and the front turned in towards the trigger not like on yours towards the muzzel

Also like above - measure the barrel from the chamber to muzzle. If its less than 16" you dont want it around regardless of if you have a bolt or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts