The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, long time watcher here, though haven't posted, but thought this would be a good question for the Pros!

I found four antique percussion firearms, including 2 double barrel and two single barrel pieces. Other than appearing to be from the mid-late 1800s, I don't know much about them, what they are or any value. I want to know if these are collectibles and if so, rough valuations in either "as-is" condition or restored or if these are just crude barn guns pieced together. Local gun shop owners didn't know. The store is asking ~$175-$300 each for them. I am more up to speed on modern firearms, not these older pieces.

They all show wear and aging but generally appear "complete". Oddly, I don't see any manufacturer/armorer name anywhere on them, no serials and no other location/date markings, but the receivers on the double barrels have some decorative engravings and one double has a checkered stock. Now they are in an antique store so I could not take barrels off to look for any markings and the store owner was not crazy of me taking these photos so some are a little blurry, apologize for that. They appear to have an aged patina, some surface rust and some cracks, misalignments of some screws/plates that if valuable, would need to be repaired.

Any help in identifying these would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance. Below is firearm number 1. Will post others in another message.

Rob

·
Premium Member
12,331 Posts
Same as #2, #3 and #4. Not enough info.

They're all wall hangers as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't give $400 for the lot. Someone looking for decorative pieces might give more but to a "gun guy", there ain't much there, unless something would come to light once disassembled....which I doubt.

Reactions: rawright54

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I was able to get a few more of this one too. Let me know if if anyone has any further thoughts on identifying these! Thanks in advance and Happy new year to everyone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts