Mystery Mossberg Scope

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by AntiqueMoss, Apr 2, 2017.

1. AntiqueMoss

AntiqueMoss New Member

Hello,

I recently picked up this mossberg scope at an antique shop on a whim but have been having difficulties finding information about it. What I find strange is the lack of elevation knobs but through reading have found that some of the older mossberg scopes had their knobs on the mounts which this one came without. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'd be happy to provide further photos.

Thank you,
    B

Attached Files:

2. sschrad

sschrad Member

It is indeed an externally adjusted scope. Looks like a number 6 or number 7 Mossberg, made between 1935 and 1940. How long is it? (exactly) Any early Mosssberg 3/4 inch mount will work. It is also a double reticule model , by unscrewing the ocular lens you can change the inside tube around to get either a crosshair view or a post view.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    One Shot, BobMcG and joe45c like this.

3. AntiqueMoss

AntiqueMoss New Member

Thank you sschrad,

With the pictured extender it is exactly one tick over 19 inches, without it is just over 15 1/4 inches.

Thanks again,
    B

4. sschrad

sschrad Member

Yeah it's a 6 or 7

5. AntiqueMoss

AntiqueMoss New Member

Any way to tell.between the two?

6. sschrad

sschrad Member

Would have to know if there are any more markings on the scope. Patent number etc.? If not.... No