The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad recieved an old shotgun and we dont know what the model is or anything about it. there is no serial number the only engravings on it are on the reciever and are XLCR

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Sounds like an H&R, made before serial numbers were required in 1968. Value of those in good functioning condition is around $100-150, purely as hunting guns; there is almost no collector value or interest.

Jim

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Vorisek's "Shotgun Markings" lists it as a brand name used by W. Bingham Co. on Iver Johnson singles.

Bingham was a Cleveland Ohio dealer ca 1880-1910.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
I think I misunderstood and thought the thumb release was at the side, which would probably meant an H&R. A release that "goes to the side" could be any top lever.

Jim

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
isrummeli, just remember, old does not always mean gold ( other wise my wife could sell my bod and move to Florida ), it is an old shotgun, but it is just an old single barrel shotgun, which traditionally are not high value items ( There are exceptions, but this is not one of them ). In the condition I have seen most old hard working single barrel shotguns the value is usually around 50 to 75 dollars. Shoot safe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.