The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a family heirloom N. R. Davis shotgun that I am doing some repair work on. It is a double barrel model with a top center barrel release lever.

The fore stock latch plate has several broken parts that I am attempting to fabricate. Anyone who can provide me with drawings/photos of the latch mechanism and the shell ejection return spring will save me many hours of trial and error guesswork. -thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
N.R. Davis Arms Company/Davis-Warner Arms Company/Crescent-Davis Arms Company of Assonet,MA went out of business in 1917, ninety six years ago. Their final days were as part of the Crescent Firearms Company and all records of this company were destroyed during World War Two. What I'm trying to say is that there is no technical information available for this makers guns or no off the shelf parts. The only sources for parts information is from a whole gun (measure and make) or from one of the major old gun parts dealers. They buy up old guns and break them down for parts to sell. Their addresses are listed below and you might give them a try. Some times they will have what you need and sometimes they won't.
Gun Parts Inc., 226 Williams Lane, P.O. Box 299, West Hurley,NY 12491, Tel: 845 679 2417, Customer Services 845 679 4867, www. gunpartscorp.com
Jack First Inc., 1201 Turbine Drive, Rapid City,SD 57701, Tel: 605 343 9544, www. jackfirstgun.com
Poppets Gun Parts, P.O. Box 413, Glendale,PA 19030, Tel: 215 887 2391, www.poppertsgunparts.com
Dixie Gun Works, Gun Powder Lane, Box 130, Union City,TN 38281, Tel: 800 238 6785, www.dixiegun.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts