National match by J. E. Clark

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rgnewton, Apr 4, 2009.

1. rgnewton

rgnewton New Member

Serial #28xxx-NM accuracy by Jim E. Clark. Bo-mar heavy slide, trigger & accuracy job. Mint condition. No box, but paperwork is there. Please think about it. I'm not sure but I would say there have not been 500 rounds through this gun . Age and best value estimate?

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Hard question, why? becasue it's a matter of want and need. If it was an original NM, unaltered, it would be worth more to a collector than it is now. However, Cllark built some of the most accurate 45's made. His name carries a lot of weight in the handgun field, but only to a select few. A Clark built gun in excellent to very good condition, Just a guess understand, I haven't seen many sold lately. a WAG, I would say 2 to 3 thousand to someone who wants and needs that fine a pistol and accuracy. It's like a Wilson built 1911, wonderfull gun, I no longer shoot bulls eye, so I have no need for one. I hope if I'm too far off some one more knowledgeable will correct me.

3. rgnewton

rgnewton New Member

RJay, TNX for your reply, I understand the supply and demand idea, and I feel that goes without saying. That is the kind of money I had in mind for the general market, if there is such a thing. Naturally if a person is looking for a perfect Clark build it is worth a lot, however if you want a Mod 52 then this gun has no value to you. Thanks for you input, we'll see what the gun show brings next week.