The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard their big announcement on the radio yesterday about this coming winter:
Winter will be warmer in the southern areas and colder in the north.......

Ummm what's their budget for the year 750 million? I'll make statements like that for half!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
If its gone then there was a tornado. And if the seagulls are heading inland you should too.
I like to save pics of the Weather Channel prognastications. And then the changes & back tracking when the season in question gets closer. "Colder and wetter"..."Colder and normal"..."Average and drier".. "Warmer and wetter"..."Well last winter was average in temp but with almost twice the average snowfall". Satellites, weather balloons, countless observation stations, NOAA weather buoys, radar, computers and their forecasting programs....drama...human interest stories...re-runs instead of "weather on the eights" (only during normal business hours)..
Where's that woodchuck? Let me look up this winter in the Farmer's Almanac and find out what they think.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
"NYC's marxist mayor DeBlasio dropped the woodchuck a couple of years ago. Sadly, it died of internal injuries."

I remember that. I've shot some mighty fat woodchucks that could roll around in their fur (G). .Was that Puxataney Phil? Or just some random groundhog?

·
Premium Member
12,984 Posts
"NYC's marxist mayor DeBlasio dropped the woodchuck a couple of years ago. Sadly, it died of internal injuries."

I remember that. I've shot some mighty fat woodchucks that could roll around in their fur (G). .Was that Puxataney Phil? Or just some random groundhog?
The poor critter's name was Chuck, resident of the Staten Island Zoo.

·
GUNZILLA
5,974 Posts
I rely on my knees to alert me of thunderstorms. They are usually pretty accurate. I would work for the weather service for free prescriptions of Motrin.

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
It's cold up here in Ohio every winter. I think the forecasters are on dope when they say it won't be so cold. Anything under 40 degrees is cold to me. When it hits single digits, it's miserable. When it's below zero, I stay inside.

Reactions: dbcooper

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
It's all about global warming speak.
Everything must be"unprecedented". Never before seen.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
It's all about global warming speak.
Everything must be"unprecedented". Never before seen.
Gotta have drama! Let's attract those Millennials, just not the old fogies!
And that way we can be charged carbon tax, have the cheapest source of energy shut down (coal), and have the companies that turn out 'renewable' energy stock go up. Just don't go burying your 'clean' nuclear waste in my back yard.
Just because one volcanic eruption spews out as much green house gases as humans do in two centuries doesn't mean that it isn't our fault. I made that factoid up BTW. If anyone wants to search for a consensus on quantity of volcanic green house gases produced compared to human caused green house gases, please do and publish your findings here. I would expect that those 'research' companies will say we are worse so they can keep getting funding, and the ones that aren't looking for money (looking for just the truth perhaps?) will say two volcanoes equal total human production. Can't believe any one any more.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,859 Posts
Just because one volcanic eruption spews out as much green house gases as humans do in two centuries doesn't mean that it isn't our fault. I made that factoid up BTW.
Then take into account the forest fires and wild fires every year...

Water vapor is as potent a greenhouse gas as anything else. Why don't the governments outlaw oceans and other bodies of water? Maybe a UN imposed tax on shoreline, so each country would pay it's share of the water-vapor tax?:eek::confused:

If the weather follows the normal pattern around here, temps will be generally 30's to 40s, with occasional drops below freezing. If we get snow, it'll be here in the morning and gone by noon. We will probably get some gales.

The snowiest winter we've had here was several years ago over several days. A couple of feet on the ground; roads were kept fairly clear so I had no real problems getting to work.

Reactions: dbcooper and jbmid1

·
TFF Chaplain
18,859 Posts
I guess all the "Global Warming" folks were preparing for the future when they changed the name to "Climate Change"..
They had to do that to make their power grab make any kind of sense. The world is not warming up; the ice caps on the Himalayas and North and South Poles haven't melted and the islands are not being drowned out. So they had to "future proof" their rhetoric to keep control of the sheeple.

Reactions: bosun

·
Banned
293 Posts
Well, I hate to say it but... The climate IS changing. It has been changing since the world first started up. It has gone through glaciation, and heated to the melting point of stone. It was once a huge ball of magma and a ball of ice. It has changed from a hot and humid jungle to an arid hot desert in a few centuries. All that without the aid of 6+ billion people burning tons of fuel.
Climate change is and has been a fact for about 4 billion years. Mankind is the only population that has ever been arrogant enough to think that they cause it. They are also the only population that thought of a way to make money with it.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I've been suspicious since the first politician started beating the drum on this, and collecting money too. Don't think he is geophysicist and if he has a degree in meteorology he got it off a matchbook college. Politicians plus my money makes me think of rotting fish...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts