The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I need some advice on selling a Colt .45, 1911. There are few gun stores locally and none sell on consignment anymore. My only option locally is a pawn shop, and that doesn't seem like a good way to go.

I see a Sales forum on TFF and I will post there but need to take some photos first. I'm thinking that an on-line auction may be the best way to go but I have no experience with this so am hoping for some good advice.

Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
42,066 Posts
Welcome to The Firearms Forum.

Since gun related threads are not allowed in the general forum, I am moving this to the General Firearms Forum.

If you want to sell it here on TFF, you must first have 15 posts and follow the instructions in that forum. It really doesn't take long to get those 15 posts, just look around the threads and I am sure you can find something to comment on! You already have one with just asking your question!

·
Registered
38 Posts
An online auction might be something to consider, but before you do, watch like items to see what they are going for or even if they are moving at all. Don't sell before you know what the market will bear.

·
Super Moderator
42,066 Posts
Ah, thanks. Sorry I got it in the wrong forum!
We get that a lot, no problem, it was moved easily enough! And now you have two. Go over to visit the "Introduction forum" and tell us about yourself! Then you can venture over to the "what's it worth" forum to post a bunch of pictures of the 1911 to get an idea of what it IS worth, we have some very knowledgeable people hanging around in here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts