Need Blankets FAST.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

270abolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 10:13:44 pm)
    Reply Need Blankets FAST.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A while back I asked for snow , but never did I ask
    for the upper twenty degree thats supposed to
    be here tonight...........HELP...................

Southern louisianian about to freeze.....

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 10:24:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Need Blankets FAST.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I feel your pain......

This Texas boy's nipples are about to fall off. It's supposed to get down to 18 degrees by tomorrow night. I'm worried about my well freezing like it did last year, I'm worried about my horse, I'm worried about my cactus in front of my house that barely survived last year's hard freeze.

Snow would be cool though. I don't think we're going to get any of that.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Packet
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 10:38:09 pm)
    Reply Re: Need Blankets FAST.....
    Ok, so I wont tell you that it was 70 degrees here in sunny Florida today.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/16/03 10:50:09 pm)
    Gest keep yer eye on my temp guage, we`ll suffer together!!

LTS

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/16/03 11:05:50 pm)
    Re: Need Blankets FAST.....
    Seems like it's not that bad of an evening down there LTS.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/16/03 11:27:07 pm)
    The front is supposed to push through after midnight, going into the teens.....today was rough outside, bout 36.....but had twenty-twenty five mile winds all day, not a fun day fencing!!!!!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/16/03 11:32:23 pm)
    Dang!!

And we suffered thru 84* today!!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 12:57:20 am)
    Geez, ya bunch of fair weathered wimps, your missing all the fun, snowmobiling, snow skiing, ice fishing. Nipples freezing

firearms firearms firearms firearms firearms firearms firearms

(1/17/03 3:34:16 am)
    Reply Cold temps
    Its rare it gets all that cold in the DC area. Something to do with all the hot air blowin off the Hill.....

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 7:25:16 am)
    Re: Cold temps
    we're in the midst of a cold spell here too...

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 7:43:40 am)
    Reply Re: Cold temps
    Spent a winter in Corsicana TX back in the early 1980s - they had a cold snap that was a record low temp. The plumbing froze up in 4 out of 5 houses in town, because all the plumbing was exposed PVC. Them folks never even dreamed of pipes freezing!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 8:31:12 am)
    Hell, 20 degrees is tee shirt weather here in Minn-eee-sota, ya, shure, you bet.

20 below zero.....now that's a little nippy.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 8:38:43 am)
    Everything would break and fall off a Texacan...if it got 20 below down there.

We get that and as low as 40 + below up here....but luckly it don't stay that way too long. Wind chill factor...

GG

Edited by: AGunguy at: 1/17/03 3:10:55 pm

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 8:58:18 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: Cold temps
    I remember a few years back, it got so cold that the roads iced over in Houston. They had to shut the whole city down! I knew more than one displaced Yankee that was just shaking his head at our Texan inability to deal with winter weather.

But then again, I laugh everytime I hear about a "heat wave" up East, where them Yankees are really suffering from temps in the mid 90s.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Ballistic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 9:09:07 am)
    HAHA that is the one good thing here in cali, doesnt get much below 30 here...

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 11:05:35 am)
    We have some snow finally
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 11:40:25 am)
    How much of the white stuff did ya get Piggy? Looked like you were gonna get clobbered. Jes remember to stay out from under da porch roof this time, ain't da place to be drinkin the Captain.
    cointoss2

270abolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 12:21:45 pm)
    Appreciate ALL the kind words but where's the blankets, got down to 29 last night, tonight they say 22-25 degrees.......
    EVEN a good bail of hay would be a kind gesture......

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 1:26:35 pm)
    270., that is swimmin weather up here. But if it makes you feel warmer blanket is on the way, just slightly used by Janet Reno.
    cointoss2

cowdoc
    (1/17/03 1:28:44 pm)
    warpig you will probably get some of our snow tonite they are talking up to 50 mph nw wind gusts for tonite. then next week is suppost to cool off sounds like -teens to -20 below
    that wind tonite with the wind will =-30 to -40 below wind chills great snowmobiling weather as long as is doesnt blow our 5-6" of real fluffy snow away LOL
    it was -7deg when i looked this morning before i fed cattle.
    doc

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/17/03 4:45:21 pm)
    snow=hunting
    We only got around 3 or 4 inches now. Supposed to be more coming. I hear you boys and girls up around Pee-air got 10 inches in a day.

timberbeast
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 7:26:37 pm)
    Reply Re: snow=hunting
    This is Ms Beast to lazy to change the name!

It sounds as if you guys in the south are getting the winter weather we get. It isn't bad weather even, when you get way below zero and the big wind chills then it is cold! It has been pretty much in the low single digits here lately, not counting the wind. I can't complain about snow, we haven't got anything here yet, it is kinda nice for a change not having to shovel everyday. I am sure it will come, we never get away from it.......it is just late arriving!

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 6:35:56 pm)
    Reply Hey!
    Look at the "Bright Side"...Maybe it will kill off some of them wierd azz bugs ya'll grow down there!...this is also us northern folks way of payback...were sending this cold weather down to you for all that dam heat ya sent up this way this past summer...Ya leettle sheets!...

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/18/03 7:37:31 pm)
    Re: Hey!
    Cold here and I am loving it. Wish we would get some more snow.

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 9:40:50 pm)
    Hey!
    Sounds like "Tehas' " is colder colder'n'whiter than it's here in the Idaho lowlands. Dang!

berto64

Endeaver to Persevere

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/18/03 10:52:04 pm)
    Reply Re: Hey!
    Whatchu' guys talkin' bout - cold. Whazzat??
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.