The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently begun collecting H&R .22 caliber revolvers. I am in the process of restoring and H&R 1906 that was missing the cylinder and center pin when I aquired it. I purchased a cylinder off of ********* that was supposed to fit this but it is just a tad bit too short. I am hoping that with the help of the people here I will be able to at least come colse to identifying what it came out of.

I will post the measurements off of the cylinder that I have and will post measurements off of a cylinder that I have borrowed that is for the H&R 1906/Trapper/Hunter series of pistols. My feeling is that the cylinder is out of an old Iver Johnson but I have nothing to compare it to. The bottom picture shows both cylinders. The unidentified cylinder is the one on the bottom.

Please feel free to contact me on here or you can email me at [email protected] or text at (765)-438-7263

Suspect Cylinder Measurements
Cylinder Length (body) - 0.9340
Cylinder Diameter - 1.0035
Length of Center Hole Bushing - 0.0585
Diameter of center hole bushing (outter)- 0.2880
Diameter of center hole bushing (inner) 0.1865
Diameter of cylinder holes - 0.2265

H&R Trapper Cylinder Measurements
Cylinder Length (body) - 0.9705
Cylinder Diameter - 1.0030
Length of Center Hole Bushing - 0.1025
Diameter of center hole bushing (outter)- 0.2435
Diameter of center hole bushing (inner) 0.1885
Diameter of cylinder holes - 0.2270

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'd be willing to take a wild guess, but I doubt if the cylinder ever came out of an H&R. The pictures in my 1939 bible show all H&R Cylinders turning clockwise. From looking at the locking knotches on the "replacement " cylinder they turn counter clockwise. My guess it's from some spanish s&w clone from the 20's or 30's

·
Registered
669 Posts
Michael,
I agree with SARGE7402. All H&R revolvers that I've ever encountered have the cylinder rotation going clockwise. Some German made revolvers have cylinders that rotate counter-clockwise such as the Rohm.
Old Gun Guy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts