The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Your H&R "Premier" was made in 1897 or 1898. Although the finish is lacking the rest of the revolver appears to be in good shape. I call it a 1st. model Variation 3. It was the last Premier to be made with a free spinning cylinder. After this one it was shipped with an independent cylinder stop, like more modern revolvers. The blued finish on yours is somewhat unusual as most of these were nickled. Thanks for showing it and you take very good pictures.

Best,
Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your H&R "Premier" was made in 1897 or 1898. Although the finish is lacking the rest of the revolver appears to be in good shape. I call it a 1st. model Variation 3. It was the last Premier to be made with a free spinning cylinder. After this one it was shipped with an independent cylinder stop, like more modern revolvers. The blued finish on yours is somewhat unusual as most of these were nickled. Thanks for showing it and you take very good pictures.

Best,
Jeff
Thank you for your help. I wish I could shoot it, but cylinder lockup is not too good. Bore looks good though. I must keep looking for some parts

Tim

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thank you for your help. I wish I could shoot it, but cylinder lockup is not too good. Bore looks good though. I must keep looking for some parts

Tim
Tim,
Welcome to TFF. Just for your info, the serial number under the top strap as shown is not a legitimate serial number unless it matches the serial number under the left grip on the revolver, which is the only legitimate serial number on the revolver. I have found many revolvers with the barrel replaced, in which case the serial numbers don't/won't match.
Old Gun Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim,
Welcome to TFF. Just for your info, the serial number under the top strap as shown is not a legitimate serial number unless it matches the serial number under the left grip on the revolver, which is the only legitimate serial number on the revolver. I have found many revolvers with the barrel replaced, in which case the serial numbers don't/won't match.
Old Gun Guy
Thanks, just checked. Numbers match

1 - 10 of 10 Posts