Need Help Identifying Tear Gas Revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Old Gun Guy, Dec 10, 2011.

  1. Old Gun Guy

    Old Gun Guy Member

    Apr 6, 2008
    N. Utah
    I came across this tear gas revolver in a batch of other old revolvers I recently purchased. It is different in the fact that there are no markings on it except for the number "1" stamped on the forward face of the cylinder, and on the center pin as shown in the pics. It seems to be a very well made revolver, heavier then usual, with checkered wooden grips. It is chambered for 6-.32 caliber tear gas rounds with the front cylinder chambers stepping down to .22 caliber size.
    Anyone ever seen one of these before? Any inputs would be very appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Old Gun Guy
  2. Jim K

    Jim K New Member

    Dec 6, 2009
    In general shape and the type of cylinder flutes, it looks like the kind of European revolver made and sold by the ton in the 1880-1914 era, but the wood grips have a modern look. The frame and barrel appear to have been cast in one piece, unlike the "real" revolvers of the type. You might look for proof marks, but there probably are none since most proof laws don't require proof for gas/blank guns. I suspect German origin.


Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum Help needed to identify antique Musket Thursday at 10:50 AM
The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum Can anyone help? Need info on a Durs Egg pall mall london side by side shotgun. Apr 5, 2017
The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum Old Mauser, need help finding out what exactly it is. Mar 23, 2017
The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum What is it? I need a little help with this one!! Mar 22, 2017
The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum Need help identifying Mar 7, 2017