The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again!
I once again ask for your help in IDing this cylinder. It is chambered for 8-.22 Mag cartridges. The only markings on it appear to be 2 numbers on the front of the cylinder ( a "1" and an "8"). Thanks again in advance, and Happy Holidays to all.
Old Gun Guy

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
My first thought was Iver Johnson, as they made many 8 shot .22's. But the flutes are too long and the stop notches are wrong. It may be European.

I am always amazed and amused by the various parts and pieces you come up with. I visualize Old Gun Guy dumpster diving behind gun shops, picking out miscellaneous pieces to puzzle the folks on TFF.

Happy Holidays to you and to all reading this.

Jim

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first thought was Iver Johnson, as they made many 8 shot .22's. But the flutes are too long and the stop notches are wrong. It may be European.

I am always amazed and amused by the various parts and pieces you come up with. I visualize Old Gun Guy dumpster diving behind gun shops, picking out miscellaneous pieces to puzzle the folks on TFF.

Happy Holidays to you and to all reading this.

Jim

Jim,
I am getting too old to dumpster dive anymore, and I'm glad because I find enough strange things without doing that. You wouldn't believe the gun stuff I have collected over the years. The sad part about it is I usually have everyone else's part they need except for the one I need.
Thanks for the response Jim.
Best of luck in the New Year to you and everyone on this forum and beyond.
Ron

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
It's in sad shape, and hard to envision how a relatively modern .22 Magnum rimfire revolver would end up like that.

And what appear to be firing pin marks on the ejector are evident at a position a centerfire would make if chamber was out of battery.

My WAG is European as Jim suggests, chambered for 5.5mm Velodog centerfire round, especially if the .22 Mag fits a bit loosely:

Both cartridges are 1.35 overall length. The Velodog case diameter is .253 vs .241 for the .22 Magnum.

Best wishes to all for the Holidays and 2013.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts