The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife found this gun in her uncle’s golf bag after he passed away. She only took one picture before she left his house and she didnt check the barrel markings. Can anyone help identify it? Looks like maybe a henry or winchester. It has an octogon barrel. It must be 50s or earlier. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know. She left the gun at her uncle’s house in MO and didnt write anything down, or take any more pics. It will be a few weeks until we are back there. I was trying to see if someone might know just by looking at this one pic. The position of the loading port is interesting, I cant figure it out.

·
Banned
122 Posts
OK, it is a Daisy BB gun. Here is a link to one of the same design. The reason that the loading port threw us off is because it is just for looks and sits too far forward to be functional. If you look at both of them closely, just ahead of the forend you can see the little spring loaded device that holds the bbs in place. Also you will notice screws going through the receiver at 4 locations, there would be no reason for them. Lastly, that wood looked pretty strange, I guess because it is plastic.

NEW Vintage Daisy NRA centennial 1894 lever action bb rifle with box | eBay

·
Premium Member
12,433 Posts
Boy, except for a few things it does look like a '94! Didn't remember Daisy making that.
Henry wasn't making lever rifles in the 50's, were they?

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, it is a Daisy BB gun. Here is a link to one of the same design. The reason that the loading port threw us off is because it is just for looks and sits too far forward to be functional. If you look at both of them closely, just ahead of the forend you can see the little spring loaded device that holds the bbs in place. Also you will notice screws going through the receiver at 4 locations, there would be no reason for them. Lastly, that wood looked pretty strange, I guess because it is plastic.

NEW Vintage Daisy NRA centennial 1894 lever action bb rifle with box | eBay
You guys are great. Thanks for your help. Its kind of funny. My brain never even went in that direction, but you are right! Thanks again

·
Registered
17,135 Posts
All of the visible screws are Phillips head. Real guns use straight slot. That was my first clue to it being a BB gun.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Think there’s a good chance this thread is deleted?

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Think there’s a good chance this thread is deleted?
No, we were helping answer a legitimate “what is this gun” question not actually discussing “air rifles.”

Oops. There I’ve gone and done it! Uttered the words that cannot be spoken!

Yes, it will probably be deleted😎🤨

·
Banned
122 Posts
If you go on Ebay or Amazon they have a bunch of these from Daisy, Walther by Umarex, etc. What clued me in was I collect levers and remember seeing some last Christmas in Walmart. They looked pretty good and would make wall hangers. Even guys like us can be fooled.

That low loading port was the first clue. My mind wanted it to be some clever import of great value. I just could not make that loading port work because it was too far forward and too low.

Kind of like the ARs these days, from a distance it might be an airsoft, a BB gun, a 22 lr or anyone of 2 dozen calibers. You just cannot tell what something it by looking. By the way, they are pretty large in person, seems like they were sized for adults, at least the one I looked at last year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.