The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I literally found a IJ 1900 revolver buried in my grandmothers garage while replacing the foundation. I have been slowly trying to get all the parts to break free im down to the chamber but i need more info i believe its the 22 short version its got a 1" 5/8 barrel 7 round chamber i'm gonna have to have the barrel machined out because there was a lead bullet lodged in there. i also snapped off the "chamber screw" (sorry i don't know all the right terminology) that will be the next hurtle. i'm looking to make this a working shooting gun again my main questions are where can i find a diagram blowout of this gun and can i find ammo for it. the sn number i found is odd all the numbers i found online are four digits five if lettered this one looks like this 3682 2 on both the grip and trigger guard.

Thanks in advance
Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
You use a hardwood dowel to drive out the bullet lodged in the barrel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help so guys the parts link helped a little, any ideas why the serial number is split that way?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
thanks for the help so guys the parts link helped a little, any ideas why the serial number is split that way?
No idea about the serial, unless the last 2 is just an assembly number.

If the sn is just 3682 it was made in 1900, but if 36822 made in 1903, so doesn't make much difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts