The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I bought a very nice CZ 85B (appears unfired - zero rail wear) and it has a decocker. Several people on another forum insisted the 85B does not have the decocker and that I have a 75BD. It is stamped very clearly CZ 85B and the frame and slide numbers match and it's decocker works well. I can find nothing on the 'net about a CZ variation of the 85B having the decocker and everything references the 85B as the ambi - safety version of the 75B. So why do I have an 85B with a decocker? Thanks.

· Registered
3,727 Posts
Actually yes, CZ did make a CZ85BD for a short time. (discontinued) If you look in your instruction manual (if you have one) it shows the options for the 85BD on page 5. Your not crazy. One of the guys at the range I work at also has a 85BD.

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I do not have the manual but my slide says 85B (no 'D' after the 'B') Is that how they were stamped? Some even suggested my gun may have been mis-marked. I wonder why they made an 85BD when they already had the 75BD?

· Registered
3,727 Posts
85 is ambidextrous. Many of the Early series had no BD demarcation of D b/c unlike the 75 with its 6 different versions, the 85 only had the B and Combat. Both of which at the time did have decockers.

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How do you like your cz85?
So far I really like it but I was only able to put a few mags downrange last Saturday due to crappy weather so I could not get 'serious' with it. My decision came down to either another Baby Eagle (loved my first) a Sig 226 and the CZ. The CZ won out due to being all steel, it's 'feel', the condition of the one I found - used, but appears to have never been shot except for a few rounds if at all and the price I got it for. I like 'bigger' guns and I have a Colt 1991-A1 and I like how the CZ has the heft of the 1911 but more streamlined. There is a little more 'creep' to the trigger than I care for but I have yet to take it apart for a complete cleaning and a little tuning. I do not think it has ever been cleaned as it was totally dry so I hosed the internals down with Rem Oil and oiled the rails with some Mobile one and it is nearly glass smooth. Once I get it apart for cleaning and tuning, stiffer spring and work up some good loads for it I think I am going to have a long 'relationship' with this gun. And last but not least recoil is nil - I have shot light .22 autos that have nearly as much. Looks almost new doesn't it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.