The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I’m relatively new to firearms and was hoping for recommendations for a holster. So far my forearm of choice is the H&K VP9, I’ve taken it to the range many times and it fires like a dream. I recently bought a Firefly V2 flashlight/laser dot combo but I’m having trouble finding a good holster that will hold my vp9 and laser attachment. I’m also a lefty which makes it even harder to find a good holster. My preference is IWB but I’m open to any suggestions at this point. Please help! I look forward totalking and to your answers!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Some thing to consider, kydex tends to wear the finish off a firearm faster than leather or nylon, but probably retains better than either of these. Nylon usually doesn't retain well, but nylon holsters can usually accommodate a span of different models and produces less wear than leather. My preference is leather, it has pretty good retention in IWB holsters. It doesn't wear as badly as kydex, and I find it relatively comfortable. Holster choice is something that is very subject to personal preference, much like firearms. My best holster is a Milt Sparks VM2. They aren't cheap and the wait for them is long.

·
GUNZILLA
9,220 Posts
With all the accessories you want on your firearm and being a southpaw you may have to consider a custom.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have had a custom holster made at Bullard Leather. They used to be in Azle TX, but they are now in Cooper TX. Had to leave the gun with them for a week while they formed the leather to it. Picked up the gun, a week later the holster was shipped to me. It's a good holster, it's just a little stiffer than the Milt Sparks. Milt Sparks uses horsehide, the leather is a little thinner, more supple and better as a moisture barrier. $100 for a custom leather holster is not bad. I got the Dual Carry, it's basically a copy of the Milt Sparks VM2.

·
Registered
129 Posts
MTR Custom Leather makes holsters for pistols with laser and left hand, IWB and OWB. They have the largest selection of make/model that I have encountered. They are semi custom and great quality. I have several. Their IWB makes me forget the 97B is on my belt. They even have a model that is convertable IWB/OWB.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.