need help with ammo guestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

tireman
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/22/03 4:25:45 pm)
    Reply need help with ammo guestion
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    saw a sig sp 2340 today it says 357 sig in the right side inside the slide--what ammo do i ask for--the book says .40 s&w/357 sig--whats the difference???????thanks

RugerNiner
    (2/22/03 4:33:11 pm)
    Reply Re: need help with ammo guestion
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did you see this at a local boy scout gun show this weekend?

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

tireman
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/22/03 4:38:52 pm)
    Reply Re: need help with ammo guestion
    yes--just trying to get some help--been lurking around a while---shhhhhhhhhhh dont tell il get in trouble

V.I.P. Member
    (2/22/03 6:26:36 pm)
    Reply .357 Sig and .40
    Sig pistols in .357 Sig have the rather unusual feature of being able to handle both the .357 Sig and the .40 S&W cartridge. All it takes is a spare barrel (in the other caliber from whatever is in the weapon at the time) and the correct magazine. Other than that, everything is the same.

So... if there is a .357 Sig barrel in it, you'd need a .40 barrel and mag. If a .40 barrel, you need the .357 Sig barrel and mag.

Go to SigArms.com for more reading on the subject.

IMCCADPO, Sig pistols are wonderful. I have a P226 in 9mm (hi capacity) that is the best all 'round handgun I've ever shot. I've been wondering (but not hard enough to contact Sig and ask) if the 9mm Sig P226 frame can be used to shoot other calibers through the simple expedient of changing the upper half (slide, barrel, etc) and the magazine. Anyone know?

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/22/03 8:00:48 pm)
    Reply Re: .357 Sig and .40
    a barrel change is all thats needed......the 357 is a necked down 40.....welll maybe a stiffer spring....

LTS

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/23/03 7:46:59 pm)
    Re: .357 Sig and .40
    The 357 Sig caliber is a totally unneeded expensive round that puts a .358 slug in a .40 S&W casing, so as all above have reported it could shoot both out of the same gun/mag with a bbl change. I have the original Jericho, it was an offering by Action Arms in the 80's, when IMI was building some interesting guns. It is a Baby Eagle that will shoot 41AE (action expresss) or standard 9MM, but it took a magazine, bbl and recoil spring change (all supplied in kit) in a fitted case, not a .41 shooter cause the ammo is not readily avail but still a neat collectors piece.. (BUT still a superb 9mm with a silky DA/SA and night sites
    "Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.