The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying I've been reading and trying to date this piece for some time now. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this site so i hope someone can help me out. It says PREMIER 32 S.&W. CTGE. on the left side of the round barrel that i believe is 2 inches. It is nickel plated yet the trigger and trigger gaurd seem blued. On the top of barrel it says H.&R. ARMS CO. and directly underneath that it says WORCESTER.MASS. It has the number 433 on the flat surface where you would load the bullets.The serial n
Still life Lock
Machine Auto part
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Revolver Personal protective equipment Photography
umber is on the butt of the grips and is in a 221xxx format. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks Ladies & Gentlemen.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The H&R topbreaks with the caliber on the left side of the barrel ( like this one) are susposed to have been made for smokeless powder. I have a similar Premier and have fired some smokeless rounds in it. It worked, but did not inspire any confidence in me. If you look you can find 32 S&W ammo. Don't use any other 32 ammo in it even if it fits as 32 ACP might do and is loaded to higher pressure than that gun is intended for. If you just have to play with 32's, get a 327 Federal Magnum revolver. The 327 will take 32 H&R, 32 S&W Long, 32S&W, and 32 ACP. I don't like to shoot my H&R Premier and don't feel it is very durable. A wimp load for a 32 can be made by passing a single 0 Buckshot through a 312 sizing die, lubing it up with Lee liquid Alox and load over 1 grain of a fast pistol powder. I have shot this load, forgot the powder I used, but it worked as I was able to hit the ground with the whole cylinder full.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts