The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just recently given my grandfathers Hembrug 1918 that I'm pretty sure he used in WWII. It is all original with matching serial# on the stock, barrel, bolt, etc. The wood is dinged up but the bolt and barrel look to be in good condition. I know next to nothing about this gun and would appreciate any info anyone has, i.e. general value range, what ammo it uses and best place to buy ammo. Thanks for any info in advance.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the info jack. I hopefully attached a picture of the gun.
I also was given a Gardone VT 940 XVII with bayonet and seems to be in similar condition. Attached are two pictures.

I'm definitely not selling the guns and I would like to be able to shoot them 10-12 times a year. Any suggestions on what the best 6.5mm ammo for these guns?

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the info Jim.

My grandfather was in the US Infantry, landed in Italy and marched north and fought in the Battle of the Bulge. I'm not sure if he used the Hembrug or Gardone, or just brought them back after the war.

The ammo seems relatively easy to find. Hopefully I'll get them out to the range sooner rather than later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.