The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a NIB COLT LE 6920 and want to purchase additional magazines.

Do MagPul magazines function well in this rifle?

Is it true 30 rd. mags are more prone to malfunction than a 20 rd.?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts

Magpuls function just fine in my Colt, LMT and ArmaLite. I have seen a few guns with a tight mag well and they didn't drop free so you might want to try one before you buy 100.

The only thing I don't like about Magpul mags is that they don't fit pouches like the regular mags do. In my mag pouches that hold two mags tightly I can only fit one Magpul.

Don't take me wrong, I like Magpul mags but IMO the best are US GI mags with Magpul followers.

The old original 20 round mags are hard to beat for function and reliability. I don't know if you are asking about them or the Magpul 20's.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
I can't comment on wether or not Magpul mags will work in your particular firearm or not but I can comment on their worthiness. I've never had a 30 round P-Mag do anything but feed my AR food consistantly. Never a malfunction from one.

·
Super Moderator
41,341 Posts
Yep, you can't beat the Magpuls. Now, if you find a source for them, let the rest of us know. I am not paying the prices they are going for on the auction sites!!

G

·
Love my Pmags. They have feed my AR anything I put in them, from ball to handload 80gr HP's. There is a reason why everyone wants magpul pmags they are the BEST mags out there.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

P Mags, C Products, Bushy, E - Landers all work great in mine......

·
Registered
672 Posts

Pics please, we like to see pics of new guns and enjoy the purchase with you,

If you don't know how to post pics, we will gladly help to walk you through that simple process,

A pic of a new gun sometimes helps a prospective buyer to make up his mind, and a range report is most helpful as well,

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to those who responded to my questions; I greatly appreciate the input.

I'm debating if I should get 20 or 30 rd. mags. I had read, generally speaking, that 30 rd. mags are more apt to have feeding probs than 20 rds. Not sure why this would be.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Thanks to those who responded to my questions; I greatly appreciate the input.

I'm debating if I should get 20 or 30 rd. mags. I had read, generally speaking, that 30 rd. mags are more apt to have feeding probs than 20 rds. Not sure why this would be.
You won't have feed problems with either Magpul mags, 20's or 30's.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
I have 2 Magpuls and two Israeli mags - don't yet have an AR though so until I can manage to get the rest of the parts to build one AND get ammo I won't know how well they feed. It's nice to read the info you guys are posting though.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
They'll feed well in any AR15 you slip them into. ARs are modular, meaning they are all made to the same set of specs and all parts are interchangeable. Some manufacturers use tighter tolerances and better QC than others. Some use better materials than others. But they'll all use Pmags, and if they don't, its generally not a problem with the magazine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts