The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in purchasing one of these rifles but I don't know anyone who has one or shot one.

I do know it is based on the Mossberg Plinkster and I had one of those but gave it to a buddy's granddaughter.

Any info, good or bad, would be appreciated.

John

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have seen the .22 cal 715 talo in action but i did not shoot it. It had a large cap. mag i think the guy told me 25 but im not sure. From what i saw the rifle worked with out flaws and with some fine tuneing was shooting .25 inch groups from the bench rest at 50 yards. I did see the guy was uesing a better quality ammo brass coated not lead coated with bees wax. I did not ask what the ammo was. As for operation the guy shot a couple of boxs of ammo and i never saw a mal-function. But to be honest i wasnt watch all the often having to keep an eye on the grand kids while shooting. I dont know if this hepls but that is what i saw.

bigdad5

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I have one but haven't got to range with it yet. It does have 25 rnd mag.
It will also take the 10 rnd for the Plinkster, Spare mags of 25 or 10 are impossible to find except at outrages prices on eBarf

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I need another 22 like I need another hole in my head but like the looks of the TALO model and if the SHTF scenario develops I think a high cap 22LR would be ideal. One can carry well over 1000 rounds easily and not have to worry about eiher bulk or weight.

Besides, it is a rather sexy looking little rifle.

John

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
John that quad rail lets you play with lots of goodies. I have a laser sight and flashlight on mine. BTW I have the flattop

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill,

Which "flat top" model? The one with the elevated front sight and rear sight on the picatinnay rail (15T) or the TALO model with no sights and the 18" barrel?

I do not want the one with the carry handle, and i think the 18" barrel would allow a more complete burn of propellant and maxmize the effectiveness of the little 40 grain pill. Besides, with my eyes in their current state, using either a scope or a red dot is mandatory.

Hanging a flashlight on the quad rail woud be about all I would hang on it, but you never know.

Hope all is well with you and yours. I "talk" with Mac's daughter from time to time on the other site.

When you get it wrung out at the range, let me know

John

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
The one with the elevated front sight and rear sight on the picatinnay rail
I replaced the front sight with an integrated red laser it but has a post above laser.. Then I had to raise the rear to match.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is the "TALO" something new ?

I have 2 models of the Mossy tact
The 1st model out was the 702 tact with the carry handle then out came the 715T flat top
Both of these riffles have been bang on for me . The five 25 rnd mags which I have , have functioned well too.
There has been some people that have had issues , but , between these two units , I've got over 10000 rds thru the tubes and no probs
I've been an active shooter for over 40yr and these rifles are the funnext I've had in a long time.
They can be dressed up with just about anything you want.

1st model with carry handle

The 715T

1 - 8 of 8 Posts