need more practice...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gipper, Apr 10, 2004.

1. gipper

gipper New Member

shot the new ruger p89 today, damn do I suck! :) If I really sat there and slowly shot i could get a good grouping of 3 or 4 out of 5, but man I was all over the rest of the time.
    shootin at 15 yds, guess it takes time and practice.. and did i mention practice. used to shooting my friends beretta 92 at like 7-10 yds. I'll keep at it though, at first I was thinkin like some others I've read that shot the p89, but when I concentrated and sat there for a minite, it was dead on.
    I had fun anyway...

2. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

The great thing is that you had fun. You should come down to Clearwater. See my thread below about my day at the range. The P89 is a great gun, I used to have one, traded it in for a P95, almost the same gun, just a higher model number.
    Try 10 yds first, then graduate to 15, and subsequently to 25.
    Did you do it standing or did you use a sandbag ; sitting down.
    Try doing it sitting first and then go to standing. It works great for me.

3. gipper

gipper New Member

ya, for sure, might head down there sometime this summer after classes are over. The range I went to today has target stands 15 yards and out, so I'll have to go to a pistol range and start at 7,then 10, 15 like you said. I shot standing, once I got a nice little grouping I realized it wasn't the gun that was messing up :)

4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

It seldom is the gun, unfortunately (there goes another excuse. :D ) The trigger on the Ps is usually a little rough, but not so bad you can't achieve good results with it, with practice. Dry firing will help with that, a lot. Mine has smoothed out over the last 50K rounds or so, but I should have stoned it a little to begin with. I got where I could shoot as well with it as with the 32-20 revolver. Not target accuracy, but well enough to give a perp second thoughts about continuing to stand up.

Pops