The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't reloaded in over 20 years. Back then I used 2400 and Unique powders to load 38 and 357. I'm going to branch out into 9 and 45 as well so I am looking for a new reloading manual.
I am in the land of primers, bullets, and powder so I need to stock up.
What do the experts say?

·
Super Moderator
40,005 Posts
Yep, I would go with that Lyman #50 and I would also branch out a little to the newest Hornady, which is #10 right now.

·
Premium Member
12,300 Posts
Chalk up another vote for the Lyman.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Be aware that the Lyman #50 was written in 2016 and, although it lists classic loads, it could be considered outdated in terms of coverage on more recent powders and bullets that have come along since 2016. We could use a new 2021 edition !

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I've never used a Lyman catalog much other than for cast handgun loads, mine is very old. Something to consider is probably any manual that has a bullet you want to use and a powder you want to use will work well for you. The most important thing to get from manuals, assuming you understand how to reload, is starting point's for loading with different bullets and powder's. That's a personal choice right there. No manual I know of give's data for all the bullet and powder combinations combined.

Have to say that with reloaders, the Lyman Manual get's lot's of notice, seem's everybody but me has an up to date one. probably a good choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts