Need parts for an ASTRA CUB...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

K75RT
    (4/15/02 4:12:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Need parts for an ASTRA CUB...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just received an ASTRA Cub from an auction that I won. The little pistol is nice but it needs a few parts perhaps someone here can help me. I've tried GPC, they have no parts for the ASTRA and have told me to buy the COLT parts but the parts I need are not the same. I'm looking for a Magazine Catch, Mag Catch Spring, Grip screws and grips. I'm sure I can find grips at vintagegrips.com; any and all help is appreciated.
    If you believe it is reprehensible to possess the will and means to repel a criminal assault...how can you rightfully ask another to risk his life to protect yours?

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/15/02 4:34:28 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Need parts for an ASTRA CUB...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may have misunderstood them. The Colt Junior was the same gun as the Astra CUB, I'm holding them side by side, and they look identical. The Colt 1908 is a different gun...

K75RT
    (4/15/02 7:03:19 pm)
    They are identical except for the magazine release. The Astra uses a button with a threaded extension that threads into the catch. The Colt uses a button with an extension that is pinned to the magazine release. I've checked them and this is the only difference I can see. I have the button, need the catch, catch spring. I'd rather not have to change the button too. However if that is the only way I may have to opt out. If you look in the GPC catalog you'll see the schematic for the Junior. If you look in the Gun Digest Book Of Exploded Firearms Drawing you'll see the subtle differences of the Cub.
    If you believe it is reprehensible to possess the will and means to repel a criminal assault...how can you rightfully ask another to risk his life to protect yours?

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/15/02 8:21:21 pm)
    You might check at Sociedad Largo 9mmLargo.com at the bottom of their main page they list some parts supply places. However, GPC would have been my first suggestion. That place is so crazy - you talk to one person, and they say "no, we don't have it." Call back and talk to one of the older guys around there, and they say "well now, just a minute - there seems to me we might have a bin of those somewhere" and they find it.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/21/02 9:01:44 am)
    I never took the Colt apart that far, interesting fact. Learn something every day. I did put the slide from the Colt on the Astra, and they seemed to mate perfectly.

K75RT
    (4/21/02 1:38:49 pm)
    GRJ,
    You have both! Would you kindly email me at peerlessgunsmithing@yahoo.com? Thank you in advance.