The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired this pistol. It was my grandfathers and he has since passed away. I had never seen it or heard any back story about it. Just from Internet research I know that it is of German or Belgium origin. It's also called a parlor pistol or salon pistol. It has flobert action, same as another pistol identified on here. Any other info anyone could tell me and whether its worth anything would be greatly appreciated. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make a quick buck. But would be nice to possibly acquire a better pistol or rifle in trade, just like the old days, lol! I took very detailed pictures...please help and feel free to ask questions, I'll try and answer them if there are any.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok it only let me load one via my phone, guess I have to get on computer and load the rest....to be continued.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Welcome to TFF.

There should be proofmarks somewhere on the barrel that will identify country of origin, probably the Belgian ELG in oval, and you may have to remove the barrel to view them.

These have low cash or trade value, and I'd suggest keeping it as a family heirloom.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
If you've done enough research to determine that it is a Flobert action firearm, then you also know it is designed for low power BB or CB cartridges. Please do not fire normal 22 shorts ( or any 22 standard 22 cartridges ), it could result in a cartridge case stuck in your forehead or eye. The heavy hammer is the only thing that acts as a breech block to retain the pressure from the cartridge. I agree with hrf that it is either French or Belgium, in the condition shown the value would be less than a hundred dollars. I would think it would have more value as a display item than monetary value but what ever. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts