The Firearms Forum banner

Need some parts for Woodsman

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Fatstrat 
#1 ·
Was wondering if I could get some advice....

I just received a magazine and a frame that is in good/very good condition for a 3rd series Colt Woodsman (or Targetsman?), 1961 vintage. That's the good news.

The bad news is that is ALL I got. There is no slide, no side plate, no internals. I don't mind doing a little research/hunting for parts and taking my time to make this a complete functioning pistol but I'm wondering if I'm nuts.:rolleyes:

Let me re-state that, I know I'm nuts but for different reasons. Is the idea of putting this together nuts? Oh, and I'm not rich so I'd have to shop for parts on a budget.

Opinions, thoughts, statements....(please be kind)

#3 · (Edited)
I don't know much about Colt Woodsman pistols as far as the various models. But there are lots of parts on the gun auction websites. And Numrich arms has parts as well. I note that some prices on seemingly same part are HIGH, some cheap. I imagine if you took your time, you could probably build one. IMO a worthy project. A parts gun will likely have no to little collector value. But you would have the satisfaction of building it and I guess it will be worth at least parts value. Tricky thing with build guns is that as much as we might think that parts should be uniform and "drop in". Quite often that isn't the case.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufac...48/SFrame-34913/WoodsmanSportTarget-40418.htm

Note: Link is to just one of several models Numrich lists parts for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.