The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 410 ga diamond arms single., and it has no rear stock ,or fireing pin. It is rusty and in poor condition. I intend rebuilding it , but can't seem to be able to find parts, even at some major company's. I could also use a forearm. anyone got any suggestions?

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Boyds gun stocks should have the stock and forearm:

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=17412

It currently lists as out of stock but they have a note that temporarily out of stock items usually ship in 1-2 weeks. I'd fire off an e-mail to them and ask about it. They probably custom order/make them.

The firing pin may take more searching...

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
While some " Trade Name " shotguns are fairly easy to tag a makers name, not so with the Diamond Arms Co. A Trade Name owned and registered by Shapleigh Hardware Co. of St. Louis, Diamond Arms Co. was used on a multitude of shotguns furnished by several vendors. Among the makers that have been listed as furnishing Diamond Arms Co. marked shotguns, are Crescent, Iver Johnson, Stevens, H&R, and another maker whose name escapes me at the present time, oh, also Belgium guns were marked and sold with the Diamond Arms Co. name. The name Diamond has been used on a number of firearms , both past and present, but the name Diamond Arms Co. was only used by Shapleigh Hardware Co. You may be able to narrow it down by any markings or even the lack of markings. Iver Johnson used the term " barrel and lug forged as one" Stevens used the term " Barrel and lug forged as one piece ", If on the water table you can find Belgium proof, well it is Belgium. I don't think however that a single barrel shotgun would be Belgium, the American makers had the single barrel market pretty well sewed up. A long winded way of saying good luck on your quest The condition of your shotgun as described would place the value at around 25 dollars ( as a parts gun ) so be careful not to spend too much in repairing it. JMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.