Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bolt is on a:
Sears MOD. 2C CAL. S, L, OR LR
SEARS, ROEBUCK AND CO.
MOD 273.27510
MADE IN USA

Let me know if you can help in anyway that would be amazing. Also I did look for it on numrich and honestly don't know it's called. also does numrich have schematics for this gun? I'm gonna order the schematic with the part(s).

thank you again for any and all help. I'll post lots of pics later
TJ

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Looks like a little "keeper" in the pic.

·
Premium Member
9,581 Posts
Put a 2 small screw drivers across from each other( or side by side) in the slots and turn it off like a nut intill you can pop it off.
Mike

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Put a 2 small screw drivers across from each other( or side by side) in the slots and turn it off like a nut intill you can pop it off.
Mike
Or perhaps a small curved needle nose pliers. You can get them cheap at Harbor Freight, maybe even Wal Mart. Most anywhere that sells cheap Chinese tools.
Whatever you do. BE PATIENT and TAKE YOUR TIME. You can easily do more damage by using wrong tools or not understanding what you are doing. Sometimes you have no choice buy to use trial and error. But be careful not to error too much and cause more problems.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Check the schematic. If a pin comes out, it will show it.
Edit: Just checked myself. I see no pin. But I do see the "Keeper" (As I previously called it). Part number 40. Striker retainer. Don't lose it. They are sold out of them.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Welcome to wild whacky and often frustrating world of home gunsmithing. I'd suggest making some kind of catalyst for outward force. Perhaps try to slip something under the backside of keeper to try to pull as you turn it. Perhaps a dental pick or a paper clip or whatever you can devise.
Often the key is in finding the right (combination of) tools. You'll likely need a vise now to hold the bolt as you use both hands on two tools. Just know that it is designed to come off. So surely will IF/WHEN you figure out how. Be patient, I've had problems like this take days to figure out. Keep us posted. Good luck.
P.S. Sometimes a real gunsmith is well worth the $.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AHHHH HAAAA I figured it out! You first have to turn the Striker Rod counter clockwise, until the Striker Retainer is clear of the Striker Head then remove the Striker Retainer and then turn the Striker Rod clockwise until you can not turn it any more. Once you cant turn the Striker Retainer then turn the Striker Head Counter Clockwise until it unscrews from the Striker Rod.

Here are some picks.

Thank you all for the help you gave me,

TJ

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I know they are MASSIVE pics but its the only way I can get the detail in it. This gun shoots Amazing I honestly was shocked at 75 feet and 30 feet. 75 feet is the first pic and the 30 feet is the second pic.

If it doesn't load right the orange one is 75feet and the white one is 30feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Congrats on your success and increased knowledge.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought since I figured it out I would post it here how I did it for anyone else that might need it. ill post a video tomarrow.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I thought since I figured it out I would post it here how I did it for anyone else that might need it. ill post a video tomarrow.
Great Idea. And put it on Youtube as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts