The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

GUNZILLA
Discussion Starter #1
So as per my routine, Mondays and Tuesdays are my range days all day long and today I had planned on shooting a few hundred rounds of 22 magnum using my Kel-Tec PMR-30 and my CZ 455. Promblem was I could not remember where I put my magazines for the PMR so I did not get to shoot it.

I need your help trying to remember the name of pills that help your brain remember stuff, but as you can see it's a "Catch 22" scenario, I can't remember.

GUNZILLA
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I had been thinking about thinning the herd so that I can shoot a firearm with more frequency, by the time I get shoot them again more gray hair has sprouted in places that were bare.

Registered
Pensacola Florida
I can't even remember the thing I use to load one round at a time. Oh yes, it's a single shot adapter, that's all I use. It gives me a better rhythm, and I don't have to stop and reload mags.

Premium Member
Well, even though the hair is gray, it's evidently coming back!!

Premium Member
Buy mag pouches. Midway and Brownells have good selections. Better than taking pills. I did this last year and haven't lost a mag since. Midway has them on sale for $8 right now.

Premium Member
Those are all good suggestions but, I am compelled to ask. If you know or remember where everything is what happens to that "kid on Christmas morning" feeling when you find something you forgot about or misplaced? I'd kinda hate to give that up...... 馃

Registered
Revolver, lever, bolt, pistol cal carbine.
We have one member who cleans guns and accessories in the dishwasher?

Registered
Fortunately (or unfortunately) I don't own a whole bunch of different detachable magazine fed firearms, so I've made it a practice to keep at least one of each magazine in my range bag.

GUNZILLA
Discussion Starter #15
Buy mag pouches. Midway and Brownells have good selections. Better than taking pills. I did this last year and haven't lost a mag since. Midway has them on sale for $8 right now.
View attachment 239234
I bought 3 of these bags from Midway, at the moment I can not find the other one. Maybe my PMR mags is in that bag as well.

Registered
Not diabetic are you? If so your probably taking a colesterol drug, Simvastatin? That's what they have me on and a side effect is short term memory loss. Every time I finish off bottle I lay off it for about a week, helps. I have a couple rifles with magazine's and I store the magazine's in the rifle's with them MTY. I cn't see any reason to put them away somewhere else, shoot, they are MTY!

GUNZILLA
Discussion Starter #17
Not diabetic are you? If so your probably taking a colesterol drug, Simvastatin? That's what they have me on and a side effect is short term memory loss. Every time I finish off bottle I lay off it for about a week, helps. I have a couple rifles with magazine's and I store the magazine's in the rifle's with them MTY. I cn't see any reason to put them away somewhere else, shoot, they are MTY!
Yes and no maybe borderline sometimes my AIC levels are low others times high. I am on Lipitor for cholesterol .

Reactions: tedwitt

Registered
Could the name of the pill you are looking for be Ginkgo Biloba? However, I found this in a Mayo Clinic report:
Ginkgo biloba extract, derived from the leaves of the Ginkgo biloba tree, is often touted as a memory aid. But it appears unlikely that Ginkgo biloba extract can slow or prevent age-related memory problems, or memory loss associated with mild cognitive impairment or Alzheimer's disease.

GUNZILLA
Discussion Starter #19
Could the name of the pill you are looking for be Ginkgo Biloba? However, I found this in a Mayo Clinic report:
Ginkgo biloba extract, derived from the leaves of the Ginkgo biloba tree, is often touted as a memory aid. But it appears unlikely that Ginkgo biloba extract can slow or prevent age-related memory problems, or memory loss associated with mild cognitive impairment or Alzheimer's disease.
What if eventually I forget how old I am...it could be considered stopping time, and maybe it could be an effective memory aid, and than I will remember how old I am, and I start aging again..."Catch 22" all over again.

Reactions: tedwitt
1 - 20 of 23 Posts