Needing a good spotting scope for under $250

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by dbcooper, Jan 28, 2017.

1. RichR

RichR Active Member

second this recommend

drymag likes this.
  2. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Broot likes this.

3. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I bought a scope for my .204 a few years ago and did a lot of research. Barska had the worst reviews of all.

I ended up with a Mueller that is OK for the money but I wish I'd had a bigger budget. Mueller does not make a spotting scope but here are some Barska reviews. It won't take reading too many to see what I mean.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=barsk...-20&sk=&cvid=F907813C0525421F967BFF44A4D3887B

drymag and crystalphoto like this.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I don't know how I missed this post, sorry it has taken me so long to answer your question.

The very first Barska scope I bought was one made for an AR-15 and attached to the carry handle. The thing was so cloudy it was like looking through a glass of skim milk. My son loved the thing so I gave it to him.

It was 4 or 5 years later, I was in my LGS looking for a scope and the owner told me he had some good prices on Barska scopes. I said no thank you and he went to telling me how much better they were than the earlier ones and gave me a great deal on it so I bought one. The scope was extremely clear but after a few shots through the rifle I put it on, the cross reticle started drooping. I took it back to the shop and he gave me another one. The same thing happened to the second one except the reticle "fell" down into the scope. This time I took the scope off the gun and left it on the bench at the range. NEVER again will I buy a Barksa anything!!

Kweeksdraw, drymag and Broot like this.