negotiating with pirates?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by kevinleif37, Apr 9, 2009.

1. kevinleif37

kevinleif37 New Member

is it me, or (in light of the recent pirate seizure) is the united states' policy not to negotiate with terrorists? now i read that they're bringing in the FBI to negotiate with them...

is it because they're "pirates" and not "terrorists"?

what defines a terrorist?

why does the US fight people who promote genocide on land and war over property, yet stop when it comes to the ocean?

is there a secret tactic that the navy is using here? i mean, we have rockets and mini guns that can be used from miles from the decks of our ships, and here are these so called "pirates" using canoes and aks...?

i don't get it

2. topper

topper New Member

america has degraded into a sad shape. our prez has no gumption to stand up to terrorists, pirates, thieves and assorted trash. i say blow them outta the water and hunt down any other pirates and elimanate them also. the world has no use for more criminals. we got enough in washington.

Keep both barrels loaded

3. islenos

islenos Active Member

Where is Lt O'Bannon when you need him

4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

all the bad guys are watching our response to this and learning.

why not nego with the pirates some (I dont know) 3 million of those worthless printed american dollars and get the captain released and then BLOW THE PIRATES OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH ALONG WITH THE WORTHLESS MONEY!!!!!!!

just a thought

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  5. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Sink any boat that ventures out of somalian waters, regardles of size, bomb the place to rubble, and dare the rest of the world not to like it. I'm tired of this crap.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Mr. Obamanation said the he would be tested and he was right. Just the other day Mr num jung sung song kum of N. Korea was going to fire a rocket. He warned the world and sat back to see who would piss and moan. Well the US, Russia, China Japan warned him not to fire the rocket as it would be a bad thing. So he fires it and what did our wonderful new Prez do about it? Why he gave the korean guy a stern admonishment.:eek: I bet that Mr. sum jong dong wont ever try that again! Test passed. We are now a country of woosies that just want to talk about it, get your feelings out blah blah. Personally, I would have dropped a nice rocket of our own on his crazy head. Also those "pirates,Terrorists" would be at the bottom of the ocean right now. How come I wonder, do all those ships cruise near Somalia knowing about the pirate problem UNARMED?? Hell, when we go fishing offshore we carry at least 2 AR-15's, a slug gun and a few .45's in case cubans desire our boat. Ok. I am vented.:rolleyes:

7. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Find where the captain is being held, sent in a SEAL team to extract him, when he's clear, commence negotiations....Air force-style; i.e., get our guy out, then bomb the place into the ground. Bomb ANY pirate stronghold. Blow ANY suspected pirate ship out of the water. Simple, yet effective. Too bad Barry doesn't have the stones to do it:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

from what i understand the pirates and the captain of the ship are in a closed in life raft on the water. send in the seal team at night, sink the raft, call in the chopper, pick up the cap, and kill the rest of the f'ers.

isnt this what the seals do? isnt this what we spend millions, billions on.

9. durk

durk Active Member

The libs are to busy wanting to be liked by everyone but the other half of America!!

10. ilovenxstage

ilovenxstage New Member

I think they should pretend to "give in", give the pirates the money, and after they release the captain, move in and capture the pirates and retrieve the money, and if the pirates continue to resist, spray their guts all over the surface of the ocean.

11. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Yeah, I heard about the lifeboat after I posted earlier. You're right, send in the SEALS, get our guy, then have the DDG blow the pirates off the face of the planet.

12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Too true, sadly. Well, I'm in the other half of the country, but the liberals will never get me to like them:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

13. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

This is pure speculation, of course...but could this be the catalyst that brings about Biden's forecasted "crisis within the first 100 days"?

14. yellerdawg

yellerdawg Former Guest

Good evening to all. Iwould like to make several statements regarding this high sea tragedy and perhaps offer a question or solution.

Please , I am not trolling , I appear to agree with posts so far and I wish no arguments.

First, being of a navy background, and had uncles at WWII's largest sea battles , please remember that besides being under control of this/our communist leaning admin, that unfortunately , the navy of today ,in part, is not a wart on the butt of the navy of our past.

Second, remember also, for humanity sake, we need to demand immediate action to be going on to secure the release of our or any of our hostages / and latter , property and assets. But please dont forget these scum currently hold over 200- yes 200 , international hostages. All taken by force and kidnapping.

Third , and as for our current POTUS, I am sorry for this country I love and what he is Overtly trying to do to it and us God loving Americans. Recent world visits, current policies included, also todays reports out about slumming with Cuba and efforts to QUICKLY give total Amnesty to all illegal alliens , and that number is readily expected to be around 30 million. You wait and see.

Fourth , and yes , much damage will be done by this POTUS , but please remember , future damage aside , his total presence is but a SYMPTOM of the problem brewing in this country for some time. Many , many items causing us to wince, were in process under the Last admin and some brewing from even previous to that. It is a matter of record.

I hope negotiations are fine for this American Captain and his family has my hopes. So do all other families involved with this item , including any and all of our brave people who may have to intervene.

As to a question or possible solution(s) - I mention this because is bugging me I havent heard it mentioned yet.

This Somalia pirate deal has been going on many years , obvious talks about something being done aint cuttin it - so , it is international high seas isnt it ?
    I see this as an unbelievable sales event for "Black Hawk" or similiar entrenched agencies. We already use them for sanctioned protection on US bases here and abroad..as contracted security...so , sometimes business costs just go up for a reason of doing business...therefore - these shipping magnots and compinies ( the real targets) should start using this type of "security" on its cruises...minimum 3 man group for shifts , at least one shoulder mounted " who shot john " kill all weapon , be under DIRECT and final orders of Captain of vessell ( standard ) , if and when trouble surfaces , bridge switches on audio and video recording for verification , Captain gives needed orders , boom , on your way. And when the groups surface called " democratic Pirates of the Seas Civil Rights chapter 1010 " , play the tapes on CNN and to them. Case closed . Not a redneck republican kill all scheme or rebuttal , but a safe way to sail.

Sorry if sounding venting , been thinking of this security detail all day.

God bless America. My passport fixing to expire, end of its 15 years. I will not have it renewed for any reason until a conservative admin in DC.

vent = off ")

15. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member

Democrats have no gonads. Witness the mess with Clinton and Somalia years ago. We can't shoot these bastards because they are "black" and may offend a great part of the mindless Democratic constituency, whether real or fabricated by ACORN.

Personally, and I may get booted for this, I see Africa as an evolutionary step that never ascended. The only part that shined was South Africa but then the liberals of the world (principally Americans) insisted that apartheid disappear and "blacks" take over. Now South Africa is close to being the anus of that continent.

Can anyone show me a country, or even a city in this country, where people of "color" rule that isn't a despotic infested ****hole.

Well, that's about a 5 Merlot rant. Nuff said.