Never tell her about a sale

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by rglbegl, Nov 14, 2017.

1. rglbegl

rglbegl Well-Known Member

My wife loves a good sale.
    I noticed that the local gun store had the Marlin 1894 on sale.
    She has been asking for a lever gun for a while now, I am not complaining either, it is .44Mag. (Happy wife, happy life)

Soooo . . . .
    This happened:

IMG_3434.JPG

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Congratulations! I am truly happy for you, to have a wife that loves guns must be a wonderful thing.

3. rglbegl

rglbegl Well-Known Member

It is pretty awesome.
    She is not as in to guns as I am, but She appreciates the history and the mechanics behind them. She now has a CZ75b, a Rem 7600 in .243, and this Marlin.

Best part; When her friends ask her why She has guns, her answer is "Because I can"

4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

My wife hates guns. I truly think the "hate" is not the gun but the fact that I spend money on it!

sigpro2022, ms6852, Twicepop and 3 others like this.
  5. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

I think my wife must be somehow related to your wife. When i bite the dust she will probably gather them up and take them to the dump. Of course if she goes before me i'll be taking about 50 purses hundreds of shoes, and dumpsters worth of clothes to the dump too!

Kvasir, ms6852, Twicepop and 4 others like this.
  6. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Active Member

Stuff happens

rglbegl likes this.
  7. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

My wife supports any purchase I do without any complaints whatsoever. But I too have to reciprocate when she purchases high dollar items. I find myself biting my tongue alot but would not trade her for anybody in the world.

BlackEagle, Bigdog57, joe45c and 3 others like this.
  8. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

Very nice beautiful rifle.Marlin is the top of the line in my opinion.I watched a you tube video from "mixup98"and his Marlin 44 magnum that made me want one just like yours.It was a little bit beyond my price range thought.Congrats!

BlackEagle likes this.
  9. Old Guns

Old Guns Well-Known Member

I have an early marlin 44 magnum. My wife is not a gun person but she never says a word when I tell her what I buy and what I pay and I tell her the truth.

BlackEagle likes this.
  10. Conman

Conman Well-Known Member

My wife and I made a deal when we first joined households back almost 30 years ago: either of us can occasionally spend up to $500 bucks without having to talk to the other about it. Has worked fine so far!!!

Bigdog57, joe45c and rglbegl like this.
  11. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My wife doesn’t have a taste for them however she does keep one on her nightstand. Also, she’s never even looked at me sideways when bringing home a new one.

joe45c and rglbegl like this.
  12. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Congratulations on a great acquistion.

I just saw one in my LGS...he was asking almost twice what I paid for mine a few years ago.

joe45c likes this.
  13. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Well-Known Member

A buddy saw a gun he wanted at the local gunshow, but thought his wife wouldn't like him spending the money. He told her about it back home. She told him to go back and get it! Gotta love a wife like that.
    She wasn't a shooter, but did claim one compact .40 that he hadn't told her about. She eventually saw it, and liked it.

BlackEagle likes this.
  14. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just spent enough on things the wife wanted to buy 4 more Mossberg Patriot Scoped Combos with wood stocks and new reloading dies to match calibers with cash left over. She can not tell me she hates my guns and give me the reason "Don't you have enough guns?" after an $1100 dollar Refer because she wanted one with Ice and Water through the door. and a new washer and dryer for $900 Because the working perfect set we have is 8 years old and doesn't have a Hand Wash Cycle. The new set will be delivered on Tuesday. The Refer is fancy French door bottom freezer. I got the adventure of connecting the water line. I get to buy myself a Bore Sight Kit, and 200 new cases for the 270.

BlackEagle and rglbegl like this.
  15. southernshooter

southernshooter Well-Known Member

Nice lever gun and wife :cool:

BlackEagle and rglbegl like this.