New acquisition from S&W

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Ibmikey99$, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Ibmikey99$

Ibmikey99$ Well-Known Member

2836B167-00BC-4CCE-ACA8-288DC3550D87.jpeg I recently added a S&W M&P Shield EZ 2.0 (lot of name for a .380) to the pile of small carry pistols, except this one is not very small. The new Smith is about the size of my Beretta 84 ( but not nearly as wide) so not tiny but is a real performer while throwing brass out the top. The pistol is “EZ” to do about anything: rack the slide, take down, recover from its minimal recoil for the next shot, carry in a pancake holster, etc, etc.
    I do not know what the longevity of the platform will be but I am not concerned with shooting lots of ammo through this new pistol. I did not buy mine for concealed carry as I have others already in this role but for plinking fun with a center fire cartridge I look forward to future outings.

2. GrumpyOldGuy

GrumpyOldGuy Member

How easy is it to rack? How does it fit your hand?

Just curious, thinking about showing my wife one. She only uses a revolver now due to difficulty racking from medical issues.

3. Michael Tinker Pearce

Michael Tinker Pearce Well-Known Member

Very nice- good to see a major manufacturer making a medium-frame .380 again.

4. warhorse1

warhorse1 Member

Got my hands on a Glock 42 a couple of weeks ago. Extremely mild shooter, easy to cycle the slide, and easy to make head shots at 10yds. I haven't shot the Smith so can't compare the two. If your wife likes it, that's the one for her.
    wh1

5. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Active Member

If your Smith is anything like my Shield you'll be very happy with it.

6. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member