The Firearms Forum banner

New AR10 Lower

660 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jedwil 
#1 ·
Went to the local gun show today. Did not have anything specific in mind but enjoyed looking around. Pricing variations from table to table are always interesting. I did come across a PSA AR10 complete lower and it got me to thinking. I've wanted an AR10 for quite some time but just never followed through. I thought the price was reasonable on this one and picked it up. Found that PSA had some good sale prices on complete uppers so I ordered one and 3 magazines. Thinking I will add a Primary Arms 3x prism optic. Wondering about ammo; some inexpensive Russian ammo out there and I wonder how it works in the AR10.

#4 ·
Keep in mind, if that's a stripped lower, only the PSA parts kit will fit. They do things a little differently, but for the most part they follow the DPMS model. Specifically, the bolt release is attached by a roll pin, rather than the partially threaded solid pin the DPMS uses.

We'll be waiting for a range report!:D

#5 ·
Keep in mind, if that's a stripped lower, only the PSA parts kit will fit. They do things a little differently, but for the most part they follow the DPMS model. Specifically, the bolt release is attached by a roll pin, rather than the partially threaded solid pin the DPMS uses.

We'll be waiting for a range report!:D
Thanks. It's a complete lower and the dealer informed me of the non-mil-spec aspect of AR 10's. He suggested only getting PSA parts. I ordered a complete PSA upper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.